Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively we were fine. I actually like the way we press. But a team that isn't trying to play with the ball won't often feel the press if you can't create anything with your possession and that's what happened.

If we could combine what we do without the ball with some kind of actual attacking system we might get somewhere. Not sure Marco is the man for that anymore.
I am going to stay up all night working this out!

Hard to believe how little we created. I’d sack Marco and give me the job, based on the basic flaws in our tactics that I can easily spot laid on my sofa! Shocking and depressing!

Ashamed, absolutely disgusted with this latest shambles, never, ever looked like scoring or deserved to, the best TEAM won without breaking sweat.
Always believed there was something about Silva, sadly I was wrong, get rid and go all out for Mourhino, at least he'll get us organised. There is simply no system of play at all, 11 headless chickens jogging around. The defence cannot defend, we even score goals for them now, we have a 6'5 inch centre half next to a 6'4 centre half and can't win a header in either half. And this is built on Silva's and Evertons insistence that the only way to attack is to throw aimless crosses into the opponents box.
The midfield is non existent, defence hopeless and the attack toothless. Think Watford will be looking for a new coach soon, they can have him back.

No “probably” about it.

Never in my half century life as an Everton fan have I looked at the opening six fixtures and confidently thought "aye up....we should be sitting very near the top after that".

God help us when we start playing the good teams.

Hi Khal...

I don't post too-much these days...I've kind've given up on Everton (always love'em...but...well.... [shrugs].)
It's sad to see how irrelevant our team's become...

no anger...just sadness.

I hate supporting us, I really do. Only thing about this club to be proud of it’s EITC everything else is absolute garbage. We may as well get relegated, at least it’d be more interesting than the constant mediocrity, false promises and false dawns. What is the point in us building a new stadium? Just to get smashed by crap teams in front of more people? As if our team isn’t enough of an embarrassment as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.