Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see how we expected anything too different, we made a couple of good signings but we never bought better players than we already have. Possibly Kean is an upgrade but it will take time with him.
Our teams, formation and subs etc are so predictable every week.
Your last sentence is all about manager. I think last two transfer windows were pretty good, but as you said se are to predictable and I don't think it's because of players and their quality.

This manager is just like the last one, never considers any of the under 23s, even on the bench, if I was a young player I would not pick EFC to learn my trade from because I would never get a game or even as a bench warmer.

We’ve played 5 games lad. Bit over the top that.
We've lost or drawn games we need to win though for the best of the rest award. We are nowhere near top 6 material so for 7th we still need to beat the likes of bottom Villa, bottom half Bournemouth and a crap Palace. 1 point from those three will haunt us later on. So its 8th again.

Paul Bracewell scores Everton FC second goal in their 4-0 win against Sheffield United FC in the Football League Cup second round, second leg tie. played on 10th October 1984 at Goodison Park.

This manager is just like the last one, never considers any of the under 23s, even on the bench, if I was a young player I would not pick EFC to learn my trade from because I would never get a game or even as a bench warmer.

We’ve played u23 players before, some haven’t taken their chance when given, massive step up going from U23 to Premier League unless you have truly talented players like at Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea

We’ve played u23 players before, some haven’t taken their chance when given, massive step up going from U23 to Premier League unless you have truly talented players like at Arsenal, United, City and Chelsea

We named a 23 player squad, that doesnt even include Davies and Kean, we can only name 19 each week, sticking a yoot on the bench for bench sake is pointless, if the young lads are good enough they will break through. The majority arent even close to being good enough, but the 1 and 2 that are will get their chance when its deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.