Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good result, surprised with how well the team played, we had no defensive midfielder, but we didn't need it, they never really troubled us. Took the lead on 8 minutes from a corner, great delivery and header from Keane. Branthwait got injured and we brought Digne on a CB and seemed to slow the pace down and I thought we were going to be content to get a 1-0. We kept plugging away though and got that 2nd through good work on the left from Gordon and a smart finish from Sigurdsson. It was good to see us keep going and put pressure on them, Gordon again, brought down for the pen. Kean dispatched the pen. Gordon and Nkounkou looked great. Kean toiled he hit the bar a couple of times and the post. Gordon hit the post as well twice within a coupe of seconds.
One weird thing I noticed was that Keane looked really happy when he scored, whereas Sigurdsson and Kean did not look at all bothered. I don't know if that is just the fact that there are no fans in the stadium or the competition or the fact that it was a lower level opposition.
agree about the two guys that "didn't look bothered". Maybe it's because they know that they won't feature much this season. They are not first team material.
Siggy is imo a squad player at best. Not to be seen unless we are coasting a match. Kean can move on..........can't see him coming good for us.
Let him go and bring in a proper goalscorer to back up Richarlson and DCL.
That guy from Celtic will do. Even Morales from Rangers will do.....
Both imo better prospects that Kean.
Kean will score goals in Italy.......But he doesn't look like he wants to be at Everton...

One weird thing I noticed was that Keane looked really happy when he scored, whereas Sigurdsson and Kean did not look at all bothered. I don't know if that is just the fact that there are no fans in the stadium or the competition or the fact that it was a lower level opposition.
sigurdsson probably gutted he’s now in the reserve team that plays league 2 in the cup. He will definitely think he should be achieving more than scoring and assisting simple goals against Salford!
Kean I think knows he didn’t have a great game and definitely did nothing to convince Carlo he’s an option ahead of DCL. If he’d have put those two headers away and then rounded off a hat trick from the spot at least Carlo might raise an eyebrow.
Whereas Keane is loving life right now, got a new kid, first choice CB, chipping in with goals from corners, good for him!

Easier to say who let us down I think,Walcott,Kean,Davies and Bernard,you have to take into account the level of opposition,Walcott offered little or nothing,Kean was dreadful, his first touch was a tackle all game!!Bernard flitted in and out and there lies the crux, he should dominate a game like this with his ability,Tom?well if all he can offer us in a game like this is to continually look to give the ball back to the back four after having received it from them then I really don't see a future for him here.

Decent enough performance. Only criticism is that we took until 74 minutes to wrap it up - we had a hat full of chances before that - but at least we’re creating the chances.

Gordon was my mom. He looks a great prospect. Always looks dangerous cutting in side and he linked up will with Nkounkou

Bit needlessly negative, was the easiest game I can remember and we barely needed to get out of second gear
And Keane scored 8mins in - wasn’t like we were in the 80th minute before breaking them down. Sure we needed the 2nd to be truly comfortable but still!

In contrast the Guardian has this

Status
Not open for further replies.