Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to watch the reserves. Nkounkou MOTM. Gordon a plus too. Davis did ok. Walcott nothing. Kean ..... even his penalty was dodgy.
I thought we came out of our shell once the second went in with Sig and Bernard taking control. Where were they before that? Confidence must be really low for them, and felt relaxed once the game was won.

Positives - Clean sheet for Virginia, Nkounkou, Gordon, Kenny, Bernard also looked lively.

Negatives - Branthwaite injury, and putting more miles into the legs of Digne ahead of Saturday (unavoidable as that was). Davies and Sigurdsson weren't as bad as some will of course make out, however, they're clearly miles behind in terms of quality from Allan/Doucoure. Kean looked worryingly poor.

Overall though, a good, professional performance.

Very good result, surprised with how well the team played, we had no defensive midfielder, but we didn't need it, they never really troubled us. Took the lead on 8 minutes from a corner, great delivery and header from Keane. Branthwait got injured and we brought Digne on a CB and seemed to slow the pace down and I thought we were going to be content to get a 1-0. We kept plugging away though and got that 2nd through good work on the left from Gordon and a smart finish from Sigurdsson. It was good to see us keep going and put pressure on them, Gordon again, brought down for the pen. Kean dispatched the pen. Gordon and Nkounkou looked great. Kean toiled he hit the bar a couple of times and the post. Gordon hit the post as well twice within a coupe of seconds.
One weird thing I noticed was that Keane looked really happy when he scored, whereas Sigurdsson and Kean did not look at all bothered. I don't know if that is just the fact that there are no fans in the stadium or the competition or the fact that it was a lower level opposition.

Nkounkou was the big plus for me - looks a tremendous prospect.

Gordon did well and Sigurdsson ( can't believe I'm saying this ) looked the classiest player on the pitch - but it was against Salford.

Kean looked shocking. Terrible control and missed an absolute sitter.

With Branthwaite's injury another centre half ( or even 2 - we probably needed one anyway ) becomes a necessity

When it wasn’t dropping for him, Theo went into hiding. V poor. Kean is not even an option anymore for the bench - awful. However Nkounkou is excellent and Gordon also impressed. Gylfi and Bernard are options from the bench at the weekends.

Very good result, surprised with how well the team played, we had no defensive midfielder, but we didn't need it, they never really troubled us. Took the lead on 8 minutes from a corner, great delivery and header from Keane. Branthwait got injured and we brought Digne on a CB and seemed to slow the pace down and I thought we were going to be content to get a 1-0. We kept plugging away though and got that 2nd through good work on the left from Gordon and a smart finish from Sigurdsson. It was good to see us keep going and put pressure on them, Gordon again, brought down for the pen. Kean dispatched the pen. Gordon and Nkounkou looked great. Kean toiled he hit the bar a couple of times and the post. Gordon hit the post as well twice within a coupe of seconds.
One weird thing I noticed was that Keane looked really happy when he scored, whereas Sigurdsson and Kean did not look at all bothered. I don't know if that is just the fact that there are no fans in the stadium or the competition or the fact that it was a lower level opposition.

Carlo's told them to find a new club mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.