Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would stop including Delph in their line ups as if he hasn’t just thrown in the towel and given up playing for Everton.

I had him in my thoughts but I think this is the type of game where he'll be half hearted. Keep him back for absolute shortages. Also I want the 2 new midfielders having as much time together as possible so they can learn each others game.

Lössl
Jonjoe Branthwaite Gibson Nkounkou
Davies Baningime
Walcott Bernard Gordon
Kean

Pickford

Kenny Branthwaite Keane Digne

Doucs, Gomes, Siggy

Walcott Kean Richy

Then, when game is sorted, off come Gomes, Richy and Digne/Doucs. Dont change too much at once, get the result and then bring off the important. Cup is there to win not to fall at first hurdle like we ususally do trying to be clever.

LINEUP111600096894550.png

Shop window? He's surely still capable of playing against a bunch of plumbers and Uber drivers?

He isn’t interested in stepping foot on a football pitch for us ever again. I’ve got no idea what has gone on behind the scenes, but he’s clearly made himself unavailable for selection. Not buying that he picked up a serious injury during lockdown either.

I'm not sure how many of our 'new stars' need game time together but surely we dont need to risk injuries against League 2 cloggers with West Brom at the weekend. I think Kenny is a good call for Coleman and Nkounkou for Digne. I'd leave the two CB's there until the game is safe. Midfield - you cant wholesale replace everyone and not expect a 'last season' performance. I think there is space for Davies and Iwobi, perhaps Bernard. DCL ran a lot on Sunday so Kean might be a good shout. Don't risk Richarlison or James though. Delph - please god never again in a blue shirt. SO I end up with
Pickford
JJK, Mina, Keane, Nkounkou
Davies, Allan, Siggy
Walcott, Kean, Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.