Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
Happy New Year blues and visitors from other fan bases. Hope you're all healthy and safe. Even you loveable kopites pretending to be blues. Well, let's face it, you're not very healthy. That much is obvious. However, I for one, wish you no ill and genuinely hope you're safe. Stay away from sharp objects, don't play with matches and do what nurse tells you.
So, to business. after a boss December which none of us expected one of our exes burst our bubble. Which a lot of us half expected. Yes, we were crap. But I'm not prepared to be too down hearted. There is clear progress under Ancelotti. Who'll need more windows to fix the mess he inherited. It's worth noting that we took to the field yesterday with 9 players from last season plus the 2 we signed from relegated clubs.

And now we have a home cup tie against a team deep in a relegation fight in the championship. What more could we ask for to reboot our optimism?
Apart from the aforementioned relegation fight I know bugger all about the 'Millers'. Well they play in red and white at the curiously named New York Stadium and they've got a striker called Kyle Vassel who's a distant relative of Darius. Maybe Carlo will hire me for my in depth investigation of opposition teams.

As for the Blues, We might see a left side of N'kounkou and Gordon seeing as the boss seemed to trust them against lower league teams in the Carabao Cup. In turn this might see Godfrey playing in his preferred position in central defence. Possibly along side Holgate. With Captain Coleman at RB and Olsen between the sticks.
I don't know if Doucoure will get a rest one day but this seems as good a time as any. Which could mean Davies and Gomes in the middle with James on the right and Richarlison up top to give Dom a much needed rest.
Yes I'm making this up as I go along. What the hell, it worked (horribly) for Silva and Koeman.

Our name's on this trophy. Or not. UTFT!!

Rotate for this game and give Richy a go up top. Either way it don’t matter we should win with what ever 11 don carlo picks

Olsen

Kenny
Godfrey
Holgate
Nkoukou

Gomes
Davies

Iwobi
Bernard
Gordon

richy

Status