Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to think the plan is to give James and Digne 60 mins max, probably for Bernard and Nkounkou (unless he sends Simms on for James and goes with a bit more of an industrial 442 - fire with fire and all that).

So basically we’ve got one other sub to play with. Sophie’s choice, that. I’m going to say Siggy for Gomes because Siggy is capable of actually playing a forward pass or two and is better able to take advantage of these tiring inevitably.

Digne has never been a top level defensive player but we aren't going to create without him. Coleman is just bad now. You can make the case for Holgate being the permanent RB if Coleman is going to be this bad with the ball too.
I wouldn’t be starting Coleman v Wolves, let’s put it that way. But I wouldn’t have been starting him regardless of his performance today

You have to think the plan is to give James and Digne 60 mins max, probably for Bernard and Nkounkou (unless he sends Simms on for James and goes with a bit more of an industrial 442 - fire with fire and all that).

So basically we’ve got one other sub to play with. Sophie’s choice, that. I’m going to say Siggy for Gomes because Siggy is capable of actually playing a forward pass or two and is better able to take advantage of these tiring inevitably.
Think we get 5 subs in this, could be wrong

A half that has typified everton of recent years. Take the lead. Take foot off pedal. Thinking that they will control the game only failing to realise that the other team are gaining a foothold. Get lucky with some woeful defending.

And most if all non intense defending and sideways and backward passing. Tom Davis typifies this type of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.