Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting there..... Couldn't watch the game closely but from what I could see

Formation - looked like a formation and the players understood it.

Movement and forward passes

Attitude and hunger more present

Training paying off - saw quite a bit of the through balls and neat one twos around the box.

Midfield looking better. And with time and proposed signings should / will get better

Back line - coady and tarkowski great field Marshalls

Up Front - when sorted/ strengthened we'll be looking pretty solid.

Positive signs.... Credit to the training team and Frank. Reckon we'll be able to play a few fluid formations with the group they're building.

UTFT

Just home from the match, my take on the game,

Looked solid in the first half, one or two misplaced passes in the back line gave them opportunities on goal, need to stop giving away possession and chances like that. Iwobi worked hard again, Gray looked out biggest threat.

Much better second half although just that final pass was letting us down when in on goal, nice goal by Gray, took the ball down really well and great finish.

Onana needs to calm down when he come on, either that or he struggles to get the speed of the game, gave the ball away and decided to do a rugby tackle which stopped them. Hopefully he will be better when playing from the start.

No top balcony and I’d left my glasses at home had a nightmare ? seriously tho I was next to him all second half almost within touching distance. He doesn’t impress me
No top balcony and I’d left my glasses at home had a nightmare ? seriously tho I was next to him all second half almost within touching distance. He doesn’t impress me anyway.
You must be almost blind without your glasses if you did not realise Patterson was playing on the Bullens Rd side in the second half…I’ve never heard any Evertonians say they were within touching distance of a player from sitting in the top balcony…it’s a good view though!

Status
Not open for further replies.