Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....many thanks, it‘s brilliant to know the updates are not only appreciated but read across the pond.

i have no idea about the strength of these rumours, but like you I think the Hojbjerg and Rodriguez links are appealing. Hojbjerg has apparently only got 18 months left on his contract and there might be a bit of agent interference in the leak, but let’s hope it’s for real.

Not sure how I managed to post this in the wrong thread lol. Mods feel free to move to the Transfer thread. My apologies.

Just seen newcastle 0 Oxford 0.....
League One away from home...wtf

Not a great surprise. Newcastle are still struggling, and they lack a regular goal scorer. They lost two more players after the Everton game. Lejeune - their goalscorer - suffered a groin injury and Emil Krafth is out for six weeks with ankle ligament damage. However, Bruce played the strongest team he could. Saint-Maximin returned from injury and Bentaleb made his debut for Newcastle.

Oxford did not have a midweek game - so were fresher. But Newcastle dominated with 62% possession and 15 shots, but just 4 on target. And now they have another midweek game.

Status
Not open for further replies.