Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got him lads.
Guilty as charged. lol
Along with the other 39K - it must make you wonder if we've all been cursed.
And now my lad is too.
He now knows first hand what 'Everton that' is all about now....perfect first match for him

Celebratory pints after the game will have to wait until next time...along with my nephew and brother in law, we went back to hotel room not long after the match and released the Kracken rum, vented out anger and drowned our sorrows ....vowing to come back when Carlos has finally got some decent subs to bring on.

Great to see Moise get his first goal and Bernie get a well deserved standing applause.
And to see Goodison still the same. Just like a big living room. Intimate. You can't beat it. Like nothing else.
When we do finally get a good team it'll be something special, no doubt about it.

русский что-ли? ))) мне начинает казаться, что в этом треде одни соотечественники :cool:
now I get it, yeap I'm a bit old fashioned, just to get you a picture this month mostly listening Аквариум albums from 80-s and The Beatles
Нет, болгарин :)

But there are a few of you around! Welcome mate :)

Clearly a game where the players let everyone down. A game is never “in the bag”. Hopefully, this will be a lesson (even if it is a hard one).

We were comfortably on top of Newcastle until the last ten minutes. Then we relaxed and handed possession - and the initiative - to them. The Newcastle players - and substitutes - still had the energy to run and the will to go forward. And they started creating chances.

Ancelotti could see what was happening - and tried to keep Everton going. But there was nobody to lead them on the pitch. Gomes may have made a difference. But the late Newcastle goals revealed the lack of character in this team.

Still two days to vote, poll doesn't close till Sunday evening... and votes could, maybe, possibly influence the 1,2,3 in the January Player of the Month ;)

@Eggs thank you brother, greatly appreciate your efforts from the other side of the Atlantic... Everton/Hojbjerg this window and Allan/Lozano in summer window? Would this be feasible with some players going out? If so..... I'd love it.....

Also like the Rodriguez link........ perhaps selling Digne (due to FFP considerations only) and getting what I consider a bargain in Rodriguez as the replacement would be savvy business....

Thoughts of a midfield trio of Hojbjerg/Gomes/Allan and front 3 of Everton/Richarlison/Lozano excites me to no end........ of course, all fantasy thinking for the time being...... but at least some links exist..... and yes, I realize Carlo likes 4-4-2, but he's said he's willing to adapt as well......

Anyway, following your updates closely every single day and can't thank you enough. Cheers

@Eggs thank you brother, greatly appreciate your efforts from the other side of the Atlantic... Everton/Hojbjerg this window and Allan/Lozano in summer window? Would this be feasible with some players going out? If so..... I'd love it.....

Also like the Rodriguez link........ perhaps selling Digne (due to FFP considerations only) and getting what I consider a bargain in Rodriguez as the replacement would be savvy business....

Thoughts of a midfield trio of Hojbjerg/Gomes/Allan and front 3 of Everton/Richarlison/Lozano excites me to no end........ of course, all fantasy thinking for the time being...... but at least some links exist..... and yes, I realize Carlo likes 4-4-2, but he's said he's willing to adapt as well......

Anyway, following your updates closely every single day and can't thank you enough. Cheers

....many thanks, it‘s brilliant to know the updates are not only appreciated but read across the pond.

i have no idea about the strength of these rumours, but like you I think the Hojbjerg and Rodriguez links are appealing. Hojbjerg has apparently only got 18 months left on his contract and there might be a bit of agent interference in the leak, but let’s hope it’s for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.