Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a lot about his subs coming home on the phone in last night ,to be honest the three he took off he knows can have an impact but none of them can last a full ninety minutes(You would hope Kean will be able to at nineteen soon!!),you can add Sidibe to them too,the problem is the bench and the lack of a squad,the three who came on including Seamus let's face it were all awful last night,he will have a clear idea now of who he can trust and also who he wants out.I thought we were excellent for eighty minutes, last ten distinctly average but there were no signs of what actually happened in the last knockings occurring it just looked to me that the game was petering out into a comfortable 2-0 win, but what happened did happen and it is totally unforgivable how they have let the masses down yet again, however I am still positive the tide is turning for us very slowly, it can't all happen overnight or in one window, but as I have said he will have a much clearer idea of this squad, it's capabilities/deficiencies,who has mental strength, who has not(last night case in point!!)and who he can rely on.

I place the blame entirely on the players. 90 seconds to go and they lose all composure and that’s on them. Carlo was screaming at them from the touchlines but once again these players do their upmost to throw points and wins away.
The only thing I’d question Carlo on is the Niasse sub but I’ve convinced myself that was him making a point to the board saying “look, this is the crap I have to work with”! It was just an odd sub to try and see out the game but he doesn’t have a great deal to work with at the moment with Injuries and maybe Keane is still carrying a knock?? Bottom line is still, with seconds left on the clock those 11 players on the pitch consisting of England’s No1, 2 World Cup winning French internationals, England’s Under 23’s Captain, a Columbian International and Fabian Delph – An England International, a multi Premierleague winner supposedly brought in for his experience and leadership SHOULD have been smart enough to see out the win.
We don’t just need better players, we need winners and too many in this mishmash team (bear in mind with have players assembled from 5 previous manager with 5 very different styles) are simply not capable of going to the next level… that’s not a slight on their ability as footballers (well, maybe Niasse’s footballing ability) but their mentality, they have no desire or fight. We lack a leader on that pitch – Ancelotti and Dunc can’t do it all from the sidelines! We need someone to grab the likes of Pickford and shake some sense into him when he’s being a plonker – we need a proper captain! Our senior players, the likes of Delph, Walcott and Gylfi hide when they should be leading from the front and it’s because previously they’ve been allowed too and luckily for them when a bit of fight or quality has been needed the likes of Richarlison, DCL and Holgate have got us through.
The worst part about last night was for 93 minutes we dominated and it was arguably our best performance of the season. Kean looked every bit the wonder kid we thought we signed from Italy, DCL scores again and Newcastle were totally outclassed. I don’t think they had a shot on target until they scored in the 94th Minute. I thought we couldn’t Everton That it more this season than we did against Liverpool’s kids but there’s a reluctant acceptance we’ll lose at Anfield. Even Everton should be able to see out a 2 goal lead with seconds to go.

One assumes that Niasse is only getting game time to stick him in the shop window.
who would buy him anyway?
This guy... I remember back in glorious Martinez days we were down to ten men but leading 2:0 against west ham, then this piece of miracle walked on the pitch previously had been playing in PL for a couple of minutes and we ended up with 2:3 loss

It's a very painful way to drop points, but in the cold light of day I don't think huge conclusions need to be drawn about the final two minutes. Certainly didn't tell us anything new nor did it suggest any tactical error from the manager. Just one of those...hard lines, etc.

It's a very painful way to drop points, but in the cold light of day I don't think huge conclusions need to be drawn about the final two minutes. Certainly didn't tell us anything new nor did it suggest any tactical error from the manager. Just one of those...hard lines, etc.
I cannot believe you. What planet are you on? Clearly not at planet Goodison where you must surely have seen 3 "tactical errors" from the manager. Did you go home feeling OK and quite satisfied?

Bad day for me. I watched the first half then switched to the Chelsea - Arsenal match at half time. Watched the second half of our match on about 5 minute
delay. When they scored I fast forwarded about 16x to get it over with and without any idea of how it was scored just saw 2-2 and switched off.
That was at about 8.20 am here, so I couldn't even go to bed and sleep it off. I replayed their second goal half an hour ago. Could have been worse I
suppose. If we were leading 1-0 and lost it.would have been worse.

I'm still not over it and no football this weekend just to really be depressing. That's another 7.5 days of work without Everton wrecking my life again

Big meet at Finch farm tomorrow at 11.00. that's what time the.players turn up for training. If yr interested just turn up. Practice yr boos and hisses. Were hoping to scare the players. Or we might just practice taking corners and free kicks. That will terrify them

I cannot believe you. What planet are you on? Clearly not at planet Goodison where you must surely have seen 3 "tactical errors" from the manager. Did you go home feeling OK and quite satisfied?
The 11 players on the pitch were culpable. The idea that the manager could have conspired to lose two points in two minutes through tactical errors is fanciful. Simplistic even.

Status
Not open for further replies.