Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like one point was we are 8th few points behind 5th but should kno with these players they havent got the mentality for the top hoping next season we can have more options on the pitch which can kill games like this off

I only watched the 12 minute highlights, but how can anyone blame Carlo for that. You could put the under 12s in and they would have held out for a minute.

Everton actually looked like they played well for most of the match.

I only watched the 12 minute highlights, but how can anyone blame Carlo for that. You could put the under 12s in and they would have held out for a minute.

Everton actually looked like they played well for most of the match.
Because the Coleman sub put us under pressure. Before the sub we had 61% of the ball. Afterward we had 32%. In the 10 minutes right before the sub we had 53% so it isn't like the game was slipping away. In the 10 minutes directly after we had 42%. Carlo is taking blame for making a change that put us under pressure that probably doesn't happen without drastically changing the formation and removing Sidibe as a distributor from the right.

Obviously it isn't all him. But this is the second time he did this. Brighton he made a similar sub and although we held on the possession in that one swung just as much before and after. That bringing Seamus on and making Sidibe RM invites pressure.

Here’s one for @Zatara

Zat....when Davies and Lookman scored against City that day, we equalled Arsenal’s record of having 19 teenagers scoring since the PL began.

Moise has now made that figure 20 (from memory, DCL missed out by a week, scoring his first PL goal a week after his 20th).

Are we now top of that particular stat category or have Arsenal had any teenagers score since then?

Here’s one for @Zatara

Zat....when Davies and Lookman scored against City that day, we equalled Arsenal’s record of having 19 teenagers scoring since the PL began.

Moise has now made that figure 20 (from memory, DCL missed out by a week, scoring his first PL goal a week after his 20th).

Are we now top of that particular stat category or have Arsenal had any teenagers score since then?
Well Martinelli scored today so they're at least still tied.

EO1cvHKX4AAr45e.jpg:large
not that I’m any expert on goalkeeping but isn’t it made easier if you are in front of the goal yourself, rather than a yard behind the line?

Because the Coleman sub put us under pressure. Before the sub we had 61% of the ball. Afterward we had 32%. In the 10 minutes right before the sub we had 53% so it isn't like the game was slipping away. In the 10 minutes directly after we had 42%. Carlo is taking blame for making a change that put us under pressure that probably doesn't happen without drastically changing the formation and removing Sidibe as a distributor from the right.

Obviously it isn't all him. But this is the second time he did this. Brighton he made a similar sub and although we held on the possession in that one swung just as much before and after. That bringing Seamus on and making Sidibe RM invites pressure.

It was worse than that....Walcott was still on the pitch when Seamus came on and at one point those two plus Sidibe were falling over themselves on the right wing.

It was a bizarre sub.

It was worse than that....Walcott was still on the pitch when Seamus came on and at one point those two plus Sidibe were falling over themselves on the right wing.

It was a bizarre sub.
It was. But I think the root of the problem is with our crappy midfield we need Sidibe to be a passer from that deeper right side spot like Digne does on the left. Seamus simply isn't capable of that.

That picture will haunt Pickford during the rest of his time here.
How about pics of him flapping at most of the straightforward crosses he’s had to deal with ?

I know he comes out with game-preserving saves at times but cant forgive his clangers either : Dropping the ball into the net at The Tin Mine in the last minute being the worst by a long stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.