Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We played a very, very poor team, Newcastle had given up but we invited them to attack us, as in the Brighton game, thanks to Carlo’s poor substitutions and this time Carlo came unstuck, and he will again in the future if he tries to run the game down in this fashion.
He's Italian, it's in their d.n.a to shut up shop. Unfortunately we don't have the players or the players don't have the character to do this!

He's Italian, it's in their d.n.a to shut up shop. Unfortunately we don't have the players or the players don't have the character to do this!
I thought it was foolish, very, very foolish to shut up shop against a Newcastle team who were there to be taken and should have been punished with further goals against them, or at least trying to finish them off.

Im honestly sick of us mate.

Ancelotti has to take some of the blame aswell - Davies & Niasse have proven themselves to be brainless idiots with no sense of footballing nous yet he brings them on and instead of running it into the corner flag / keeping possession they both along with Delph played a massive part in that capitulation.
Can Koff with the Ancelloti blame shouts. 2 mins left and all they had to do was keep 2 goals out.
I honestly can see him walking within 18 months.

I have no faith in Brands & Kenwrong to get in the players he needs and I doubt he'll be happy having to put up with these clowns making a fool of him every week.
That won't happen. More chance of these wasters getting him sacked. Honestly get rid of them all starting with Pickford, Walcott, Delph, Siggy, Schneiderlin Niasse, Martina and anyone over 32. Ancelloti, Brands and whoever else need to start there and bring in quality players who give us work rate, confidence and leadership. They can do the bulk of that in this window and the summer. No excuses for this to be the same situation next season

I thought it was foolish, very, very foolish to shut up shop against a Newcastle team who were there to be taken and should have been punished with further goals against them, or at least trying to finish them off.
You'll get no bloody arguments from me on that! We're too soft at the moment to sit back and try and protect a lead.

What’s wrong with this picture?

If we had any sort of on field leadership, we might actually start to win these sorts of games comfortably.

The biggest problem with this side is not technical ability, it's mental fragility. They crumble under any sort of pressure and consistently panic.

Has to be a priority for the summer.

Unfortunately our DoF reckoned Delph would bring that leadership so tbh I won't hold my breath

If we had any sort of on field leadership, we might actually start to win these sorts of games comfortably.

The biggest problem with this side is not technical ability, it's mental fragility. They crumble under any sort of pressure and consistently panic.

Has to be a priority for the summer.

totally agree with this and the lack of leadership. When they score their first goal there is a minute left. Someone should take control calm everyone down and just make sure we keep the ball for a bit and take the sting out. Instead, we take centre and lump it straight down the pitch in blind panic which enables them to pump it forward again hoping to win a set piece/corner which they did!!

Status
Not open for further replies.