Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne's crossing and passing was particularly poor today, with many balls aimlessly put into the box and almost certainly finding a Newcastle player.
I like Digne but he was woeful tonight, particularly in the first half and that pathetic free kick he took in the second half put the top hat on his poor performance.

Calming down slightly.

Need to get rid of most of these 'players'. Not good enough.
Newcastle were the worst team to play at GP this season, well joint worst with Everton and they get a point.

We were trying to coast the last ten minutes and guess what? We are rubbish at coasting as well as football.

Positives?
We get two draws against Newcastle and West Ham. We didn't lose.
Who knows if Duncan had a few more games. Marco probs would have lost. Never know. Subjective.

I have to remind myself this is the same group of frauds assembled by Marco and they are not very good.
The frustration for all of us that we are 2 up going into added on time and they cocked it up.

So where do we start?

You lads like the look of the defence? Pickford, Sidibe, Mina, Holgate, Digne.
It's not bad, but it is not a top quality Prem defence lads. It's just not.

Our centre two mids? None of them are good enough. We have badly missed Gomes and we have no idea on Gbamin.

Carlo has had time now to see the fit players on the pitch and tried them in different positions on occasion.

For the love of everything Everton Carlo, STOP putting your faith in the wrong players. Get rid. ASAP.

If it means Kean is going to start coming good, this result won't matter much in the long run.

If Kean's goal was a fluke, we could easily rue the points lost today come May.
As much as it feels like a defeat, it was a great team performance for 90 minutes. When Richie, Gomes and J-PG return, plus a couple of quality signings this month, 5th/6th are still possible. Then a good summer transfer window, top 4 should be attainable next season.

With Pickford, Mina and Holgate all off the field of play, Delph replaces the keeper as the last man back... is the goal scorer offside?

You've just been blaming Naisse and Davies
Are you new to this forum? Or possibly not paying attention? "It's all Pickford's fault" has been a standard rather silly riposte to many criticisms against him and indeed other players. A bit of mockery or fun you see. When all else fails, blame Pickford. Not many seem to get upset by it. If they did I would stop.

As much as it feels like a defeat, it was a great team performance for 90 minutes. When Richie, Gomes and J-PG return, plus a couple of quality signings this month, 5th/6th are still possible. Then a good summer transfer window, top 4 should be attainable next season.

Thank you for helping my fume ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.