Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I’ve accepted that injury time farce, here are some positives from tonight’s match (excluding injury time):

- Thought we played some great football in the first 75 minutes, and can’t remember the last time we played with that sort of confidence. Ancelotti’s improvements are starting to be see
- Delighted for Kean, he deserved his goal, and it’ll do him the world of good. He’s improving.
- DCL scored a good goal and made some good runs into space, this is the sort of goal I want to see him score more often. I’m not a fan of him at all, but he’s definitely improving.
- Bernard was wonderful, he was the sole creative outlet in the game, MOM for me.
- Delph and Schneiderlin played much more confidently, nice passing moments. Admittedly Newcastle’s midfield did not press them, but still, better than in previous performances.
- Confident performance and forward passing from Holgate.

I hope this doesn’t knock our confidence too much, and we can bounce back. It goes without saying that we need to do business in the transfer market, but until that happens, this is the squad we have to work with.

I just can't stop thinking about how many goals we might have scored if instead of Bernard finding that space in the middle it was someone like Ziyech or Grealish or James or Maddison or even freaking Felipe Anderson. Just amazing that we didn't blow the doors off of them. If we find the right creative player this team could shoot up a level this summer.

When it happens once, you shrug, when it happens twice you get concerned, when it happens 6 times, well, you liquidate the club.

Is there a petition where we can demand the club just ceases to exist?

I'm mean, I reckon about 60% of our support are all old arlarse... But what about our kids and then their kids? It's just arlarse letting them carry on supporting this plus it makes us look like knobhead mums and dad's now because it's just impossible to actually justify why a kid should support us. The only reason they would is because of an arlarse brother/sister/mum /dad/aunty/uncle/nan/grandad/mate forcing you to support Everton.

We may as well buy them a rs kit, let them jump on the bandwagon and have a glimpse of happiness because they won't be seeing anything of any note from our club for the foreseeable.

If it means Kean is going to start coming good, this result won't matter much in the long run.

If Kean's goal was a fluke, we could easily rue the points lost today come May.

I just can't stop thinking about how many goals we might have scored if instead of Bernard finding that space in the middle it was someone like Ziyech or Grealish or James or Maddison or even freaking Felipe Anderson. Just amazing that we didn't blow the doors off of them. If we find the right creative player this team could shoot up a level this summer.

This is a meme, right?

He ran the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.