Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team went to sleep the last 15 minutes of the game. Unbelievable but fair play to Newcastle for playing until the final whistle.
I'm usually trying to be fair. When we loose because we play sh18 it's bad but I live through it. But I can't stand when any team get away with a point not deserving it with hard work, creating nothing and a looking pale for 90 minutes. I admit players begun to relax instead of scoring more goals but this is a fricking misfortune.:rant:

EO1cvHKX4AAr45e.jpg:large
Why are our 2 defenders having a back to back poo?

You can be good at something and still get it wrong. He thought the game was won and at every club he has been at in the past it probably would have been.

They happen to us far to often! I'm OK with that tonight though, probably gave him a bit more insight into some players mentality. 2 goals in 2 minutes (more like 90 seconds) is incredibly sloppy.
I feel there will be a few more slip ups before Ancelotti does get things right, a couple of his own choices of players in then he can make his mark on the team. We won’t see the best of Ancelotti untill next season.

That was such a one-off I'm not going to judge the performance on that last two minutes. Infuriating to lose two points against yard dogs, but then the two points wouldn't have exactly been gold dust anyway, as the season's been over for a while.

It was a really good performance overall. Brilliant to see Kean get off the mark and I thought he was brilliant. We have 3 strikers now starting to look good, Bernard is getting back into his groove and we have Gomes and Gbamin on the way back in the next month of two.

I really enjoyed watching us for long stretches of that, actually.

One off? Have you watched Everton over the last few years?

I can’t even be assed anymore. I’m just going to watch England, there’s no point in subjecting myself to this level of heartbreak all the time. I genuinely think if I don’t take a Everton sabbatical they’re going to give me a [Poor language removed] heart attack
If you want to avoid yet more football-related heartbreak, mate, I think you'd best pick another national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.