Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players have done themselves no favours once again. IMO Carlo’s at fault also.

For me Pickford doesn’t start. Not that he was to blame for the goals but at this point it should be Olsens to lose.

Similarly Siggurdson, Bernard & Iwobe have surely exhausted there chances? Why not give Gordon a go?

Overall I think the game plan has been wrong for the last few games. The 4-3-3 doesn’t work without Richy. Amend the formation!

It's what gets you in champion league and finals. Something we will have to learn our players doing if we want to really compete. Being nice and having words with players like Fernandes will get us nowhere. Go down a scream on the slightest foul.
Which we began in second half, however, the damage was done by then.
Beglin on commentary complaining about how we were trying to get Fernandes sent off and about how unfair it was and I'm sat here thinking we didn't do nearly enough on that Allan foul as that was a blatant yellow.

Apparently Man Utd have won their last 7 away games. So we've drawn with the league winners, lost to the team who are top of the league, lost a tight away game against Newcastle, who usually beat us at their place, and then lost to a team that cost about £500 million who've won 7 away games on the trot. I think it's a bit premature to talk about relegation! We still desperately lack pace, and I'm sure Ancelotti is aware of that, but let's wait until we've played everybody once and see where we are then. As I've said before we're about the 10th best squad so anything above that is progress.

Urgh, politics, worse than football.

Get yourself out for a walk and take in some nature, always helps me.
I agree but a lot of politics are on the line in the US right now so I need to take a peek. Besides still is early morning for me but after breakfast, I agree that a hike and being in nature is the way to go after an stressful week.

i hope you also get to find some peace in nature after this awful game

And again it feels we need another 3/4 players in January. We need a right winger 100%. If James isn’t on his game then there’s no point him being out there. Need him central and take Sig out completely. Still need a back up striker. Bringing Tosun on isn’t acceptable at all at this level.

We needed another player in October.

It was obvious.

The club decided to take a stupid, stupid risk.

It's negligent. For once I'm going full Davek.

It's the incompetence to take such a risk. People are blaming Richarlison but knowing our luck he could go and play for Brazil and get an injury that keeps him out for three months.

We had a good start and Brands thought we'd be fine. Worst thing is is you get fans saying the same thing - i.e. "where will they play though?", "doesn't get in our side" etc etc.

Dreadful planning and squad management.

Status
Not open for further replies.