Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re both as crap as each other mate. Utd are walking trough that midfield with ease and have bags of pace, Gomes the most dribbled past player and the player to have conceded the most fouls for us is just asking for more trouble.
Judging them individually they both seem to be as useless as each other I agree.

However when gomes starts we've looked at worst competent and at times very good.

When Sigurdsson starts we looked awful. Gomes would have made the first goal at least a little more difficult for them imo. I can't believe I saw sigurdsson point at the problem and then go and mark a player Allan was already marking. He's the biggest responsibility dodger I've ever seen.

Midfield runners are slow, we need young legs & energy in our team no pace...

James/Sigurdsson need to do more but their legs won't let them.is James really fit...?

We seem very toothless going forward & vulnerable at the back...

If we can score the next goal then maybe we can get something from the game...

We've got 2 real playmakers in out squad and we need both on the field. When Richarlson is out James is easy to stop but when Richarlson is in he is the one that other teams will worry about more which gives James a bit more space and time.
yes in the opening games they combined incredibly well, we have missed Richy so much.

Not an Everton supporter soI will give you an objective view. Ancelotti is a top class coach. Richarlison is a top player. Everything else in Everton is for mid table position. James is a good player but not for top level. If he was he would be a first team player in Bayern or Real which he was not. You can not expect to compete with Liverpool, City when every single first team or bench player would play in Everton first team. Only Richarlison for them. But you have to give Ancelotti some time, football is being played in weird circumstances currently. Dont get me wrong, i like Everton, but i have club in my country that i support lilke you do with Everton, i follow you because i consider everton fans best among english teams.

this is what I mean. Why do we do it? We go out and spend huge sums on players too slow to play in the league. Players who do look quick enough then seem to lose all the pace they had. WTF has happened to Doucoure?

Iwobi the same, looked really fast for Arsenal, I'm sure we drain the speed and fitness out of players after we sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.