Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the league is just a joke. sorry. honestly pretty much done with the prem at this point. not worth the time or aggravation. bad enough when the Blues go all Everton and snatch defeat (or draws) from the jaws of victory, but too often just horrid officiating.

No the Hutchison against
Offside offence
A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
reading that it is obvious why it was disallowed. Siggursson clearly impeded Martial!

If Sigurdsson who was fairly slowly messing around in the 6 yard box had got up off his backside and either stepped off the pitch or back in to what we would once have described as on side this debate would now not be taking place as to whether he was in De Gea's line of sight and we would have more than likely be celebrating 3 points and being only a few points off 5th place.

Not going to disagree. When I was a kid, staying down like that would have gotten you a seat next to the coach. Today, it's commonplace and tolerated. The best kids today are a lot more skilled than kids in my generation, but often aren't held to account on the hustle plays because that skill disparity means coaches want to keep them on.

Do you not think it should be a penalty in that case?

I assume you mean for the Sigurdsson chance that he hit straight at De Gea?

Nobody claimed for one at the time and none of the players or Carlo mentioned it after so you'd assume Gylfi didn't think so, I didn't see a foul at the time either to be honest.

I assume you mean for the Sigurdsson chance that he hit straight at De Gea?

Nobody claimed for one at the time and none of the players or Carlo mentioned it after so you'd assume Gylfi didn't think so, I didn't see a foul at the time either to be honest.

I mean for Wan Bissaka on Sigurdsson where he clattered him.

But I'm gobsmacked you didnt think it was a foul but was a clear offside.

Gutted but you can see Sigurddson pull his feet out of the way to let it go in. I imagine that makes him active. If he's inactive the ball doesn't go in the goal.

Here's the rule...

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the bal

SO which of those did Sigurdsson do?

I don't believe football is corrupt, I do believe, however that it's offciated by incompetents. The VAR has just decided it looks bad and not worked through the law in his head before making his decision.

Joke that ... been unlucky not getting wins against arsenal and a very inform man utd

miles better effort and application in games just not getting the rub of the green or individual mistakes .. and am made up carlo was over there at the ref i don't think he will get a ban me its like the ref goaded him cos he was speaking to the linesman

manchester ref for a Manchester game ... shocking

I mean for Wan Bissaka on Sigurdsson where he clattered him.

But I'm gobsmacked you didnt think it was a foul but was a clear offside.

Literally nobody other than you I've seen is claiming a foul.

Here's the rule...

SO which of those did Sigurdsson do?

I don't believe football is corrupt, I do believe, however that it's offciated by incompetents. The VAR has just decided it looks bad and not worked through the law in his head before making his decision.

My united fan mates say he was offside. The rules dont matter. And if you disagree you are an idiot (or insert any other abusive term).

Status
Not open for further replies.