Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has six seconds to stop feeling sorry for himself after he missed the sitter and run 3 yards to get onside. Instead he turns his head and watches Calvert-Lewin cut inside and shoot. He only bothers to move at the last minute when the ball is on the way into the net
He still doesn't touch it. De Gea watches it roll into the net without any interference.

The ref can’t decide whether the keeper is going to get the ball or not. That’s not why the decision was given. It’s because Sigurdsson was on his backside 2 yards in front of the keeper and the ball was about to hit him until he pulled his legs away at the last millisecond.

How can that NOT be offside? It’s a sickener but as soon as I saw it, I thought it was going to be disallowed.

And yes, you’re obviously of the thinking that we’re somehow hated by VAR and the top sides get preferential treatment, I completely disagree. I think the VAR system is flawed but it’s nonsense to insist we’re somehow penalised because of who we are - all the top clubs have had sickeners this season.
And that is the crux of it. Despite the wealth of evidence you still deny it.

Carragher says you can understand that decision. He spat on a young girl. How on earth is that horrible rat allowed to carry on. And the rest of the scum commentary team Can do one as well. That was a disgraceful decision and one hundred percent corrupt.

the mad thing is that when that happened Carragher correctly called that - it was only offside if Sigurdsson had touched the ball

The referee's decision was correct. It wasn't about Da Gea being distracted by Sigurdsson, either. At first, I also thought the goal shouldn't have been disallowed but the replay suggests that Sigurdsson has interfered in the play by withdrawing his foot to give a ball to go into the net. The only opposing argument would be "of course, he had to pull his foot out of the way not to involve in the game." Actually, that is what interfering the play is. For him to be passive at that moment on the floor would have not allowed the ball to go in simply because the ball would have touched his feet and it would have been offside regardless of the outcome. There was a similar instance in FC Koln vs Schalke game today, and FC Koln's goal by Jonas Hector at 6:48 was disallowed because Kainz's interference that was very similar to Sigurdsson.

Not for me. For the second game running his lack of clinical finishing has cost us. He scores that 1 on 1 when we were on top, we can kill of that game and hit united on the break as we please.

Bit harsh, Dom was great today.

Surely someone watching it in slow time and in various angles will come to the correct decision over a Ref getting to see it once on real time

Some bad cry arse's on here
You can’t take the entire game into context like that. And by the amount of times the officials themselves have admitted VAR have got it wrong this season they clearly cant can they?

Pipe down lad, pipe down.

if we won today we were going to be 1 point shy of Spurs, makes me furious knowing that, Europe was so close yet we will fail again

He has six seconds to stop feeling sorry for himself after he missed the sitter and run 3 yards to get onside. Instead he turns his head and watches Calvert-Lewin cut inside and shoot. He only bothers to move at the last minute when the ball is on the way into the net

Six whole seconds?

It takes me about 2 minutes to get off the floor on a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.