• Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we've talked it to death (No Pune intended) time to move on.
Which 11& which formation will The Mk II Tinkerman select.
Which Everton, thus selected, via runes, sheep's guts, auguary, (using patterns birds make in the sky - think large flocks of starlings wheeling and turning in a murmurational manner) feelings in water etc, will actually turn up
Which ever one does...even the very best one in top form, will find City a tough test
Anyway - Short Version; Keep them to Nil and anything else is a bonus.

Edit; This is, or should be the ultimate KIPAP1 exercise - providing its set up to maximise both KIT then the P1 bit.
...an apposite Freudian slip... (given that we will probably be half asleep!)

13% possession and a battering with 2 sending offs. Probably the fake hardman Holgate and Olsen for a last man foul, he punches Gundogan flush in the face and misses the ball which goes into the net.

Everton 2 City 1

First time in a long time that I can't watch this or Sunday. Sick of having weeks ruined, which is my own doing as counting on this disgrace of a club to cheer you up is lunacy.
I find it helps to be ruthlessly honest with yourself about what this team/club can seriously hope to achieve. This current squad, in my analysis, is a mid-table one likely to finish about 9th. That simple expectation helps me to accept that for every win over Spurs or Leicester, there will be defeats to Newcastle and Fulham. So, even after the 5-4 cup win, I had an immediate sense that the Fulham game could quite easily go against us (as I intimated in that preview thread). In my way of thinking, a win over anyone is a delight and a defeat further confirmation of my analysis. It's small consolation - but at least I am not one of those poor lost souls, bewildered that their Champions League contenders could blow up at home to a team we had beaten in 22 successive home league matches. Anybody genuinely thinking we were a serious outfit would be perplexed, possibly even angry. But rather than blaming a mediocre squad, which is what we have, they should look to their own faulty analysis for inflating their expectations.

Many, but not all Evertonians, start the virtual equivalent of ripping their shirt off and twirling it over their heads as soon as we sneak the odd win. They get carried away. Over the last 32 years, the more pessimistic analyses of Everton have generally been more accurate than those of the shirt twirlers. Without further significant player acquisition over the next few summers, this current squad will achieve little to nothing. What we would like to see, in the meantime, is a derby win and the odd good day, with perhaps a cup run to keep our season interesting. Other than that, expect the worst from Everton.

me and everton still aren't talking after the weekend. tomorrow might be different, i'll wake up, its game day and i'll start to think maybe just maybe we can beat city. they say it's the hope that kills you but the let downs are way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.