Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As positive as I want to be I cannot see us getting a thing in this game. We have been comfortably beaten by much weaker teams.

At least 4 goals against us I think.
We have performed better against the better sides because they don't park the bus as Sheffield Utd did. Norwich proved that Man City can be punctured and I expect we'll see enough clear chances to score against them tonight.

That's as long as they let us have the ball of course.

I’d love it if these players show us they’re actually up for the fight today but sadly we’ve got far too many who will just go hiding and roll over.

I think today could be a turning point in our season, I feel we are a confidence side and that showed last season the dip in form after the derby.

If we somehow managed anything today, and considering it’s at home it’s not a crazy motion then we could kick on from here, we have a good side just mentally fragile.

Defensively player wise there struggling at the moment, I don’t see why we couldn’t get in front first and then feed of the reaction from the crowd.

Living the optimism. Keep it up lads.

No shame on getting beat, these are a top top side. What isn't acceptable will be another lame performance, no chances created, no shots at goal, no pressing then and working hard for each other.

If they don't do all of the above (hard work) then we'll be in serious trouble

Basically this.

Technical ability wise we won't be able to get close but there are no excuses for work rate. And I don't mean just running around like a headless chicken. But pressing with a purpose and trapping at the right time in the right areas.

It's Everton lads. Tonight the team will play out of their skins and hassle city from the start, it'll be close and a new (false) dawn will descend on goodison for another week. Then we meet Burnley and it's Silva out again. I'm better than Mystic Meg at predicting things like this:)

Given City's injuries in the defensive area it would be nice to try something different, maybe two up top or the Manager's preferred formation, give them something to think about.

No one 'expects' us to get anything out of the game, Silva will get a free pass from the MSM if defeat should occur. I can't see it though. It always seems to be the same old same old, with a few players switched around.

We used to revel in this tie. Despite their expensive player's and top class abilities we out fought them and often beat them comfortably. Be nice to see some passion from us this evening.

Given the weather will be appaling later and its under the lights, I'd like to think we get stuck into them early on and get the crowd up for it we might have a chance.

Thing is can this set of players roll their sleeves up?

If this was Moyes era I'd defo fancy us today.

They are weak at the back so we should be trying to play direct and getting them to turn as much as we can.

Just hope we don't try pass pass pass otherwise it could be quite embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.