Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First game I refuse to wake up for in a long time here in New York. Just can’t do it anymore.
Ye can't get up for a home game v United for our very survival. Then why get up for a mid table nothing game that most of them have been for years.

A spirited display today could very well beat United, question is "do this squad have any spirit"? United have not been playing very well recently but then, as Burnley showed, you don't have to play very well to beat us. I remain hopeful but not expectant, maybe Goodison will instill something in our players and they will put on a show today. COYB.

After all the anger and disappointment, when it's gameday we forget all that for a bit in the hope we can actually do something positive. Whatever line-up we put out, the most important entity in that stadium are you supporters. Raise hell, Goodison faithful ?

The people that 'have a weird feeling we will win' have me brimming with confidence.

I've been waiting for paddy Power to open.
Everton defy logic, but I suppose for a long while we've always played great against top sides and have failed miserably against sides at the bottom.

Guess that could be the reason why?

Our players live for the big games and can't be arsed to get out of bed for the smaller teams

Us in the crowd have to forget what has gone before and get behind them from the start.

Come on Everton these are s****!

So after another desperate result, what do we do against the mancs?

On another day, we take 4 points from the last 2 games but I've got to be honest, tonight I think may have been the final nail in the coffin.

Anyways, let's get back into what side is willing to get trounced by the mancs

Pickford in goal
Coleman will come back in at rb
Branthwaite deserves another game
Partner? Keane, Holgate or Godfrey? None of them deserve a start at cb so I'm unsure
Mykolenko left back
Allan comes back in to replace Holgate
Doucoure stays in because no one else runs about the pitch even though he's been dreadful
Iwobi keeps his place as at least he's trying to make probing passes
Richarlison keeps the left side slot though he's a pro at missing sitters
Gordon keeps the right hand slot though he's not producing goals/assists
Up top? DCL would be fortunate to keep his place but ffs how has it comes to this that I mention Rondon!!!! Can Dele play a false 9???

We are a mess
We are crap
Tonight was probably the end of Evrrton as we know it

But maybe, just maybe with 40k Evertonians behind them, we can pull off a desperate and memorable win

UTFT !!!
Look at you doing the match preview. I'll have to come into E sector more often now.

Could be the last time we play United in a PL game at the Old lady today.. make sure it isn’t and we are playing them again next season you bunch of surrender jockeys.

Everton defy logic, but I suppose for a long while we've always played great against top sides and have failed miserably against sides at the bottom.

Guess that could be the reason why?

Our players live for the big games and can't be arsed to get out of bed for the smaller teams
We do that when we are fighting for Europe. We lose against the crap sides and win the big when it doesn't matter just to tease us.

A win today would be fantastic. Not ironic. So its not the same.

A spirited display today could very well beat United, question is "do this squad have any spirit"? United have not been playing very well recently but then, as Burnley showed, you don't have to play very well to beat us. I remain hopeful but not expectant, maybe Goodison will instill something in our players and they will put on a show today. COYB.
I think we have had a spirited display at quite a lot this season, the problem has been individual errors. I thought we played well against WH and Burnley but we lost due to mistakes again. Fingers crossed for a win today

Status
Not open for further replies.