Votes: 66 19.2%
  • That lad who pushed the arl fella over at Aintree last week

Votes: 38 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly. Deluded.

Was watching an entirely different match than the rest of the country, world, or Gary Neville for that matter.

They were NEVER in that match.
Was listening to The Game podcast and one of the guys on that said "if Fellaini had taken the glorious opportunity within 90seconds of going behind and had they had had a modicum of ability in front of goal in the 25 minute period they had up until 2-0 down, United would have won that game comfortably".

So at least he has company in his belief that really it was an easy win for United apart from not being able to score whilst pesky Everton did.

Was listening to The Game podcast and one of the guys on that said "if Fellaini had taken the glorious opportunity within 90seconds of going behind and had they had had a modicum of ability in front of goal in the 25 minute period they had up until 2-0 down, United would have won that game comfortably".

So at least he has company in his belief that really it was an easy win for United apart from not being able to score whilst pesky Everton did.
We squashed them. And very pleasing it was too.

We squashed them. And very pleasing it was too.
The particularly pleasing thing is that if the roles had been reversed there would have been no hesitation in saying this game was a classic example of Martinez's Everton - slow tempo possession football, not clinical enough to break down a well organised side whilst own defending lax and vulnerable to counter attacks/ set pieces.

"Plucky little Everton" are beginning to be a bit of a nuisance to the franchise. Media won't put up with that.

Just back in the door. Absolutely delighted with that. Never really felt we got out of second gear, but at no point did it ever seem like we had to. Stones and Barry neutered Fellaini completely and it was glorious. I didn't really want Lennon originally but, based on what he has given us since his arrival, I would really like to see him in an Everton shirt again next season. Lukaku was poor really, but it was a game that didn't really suit him. If ever a game proved how little possession really means without meaningful use of the ball, this was it. I'd likt to think we can, and will, beat more teams like this. Would have liked to witness a Kone goal, but you can't have everything. Going to have a look at that "plotting a way to 40 points" thread and see how we compare to the projections that were made.

I have done nothing but slag Martinez all season, but i think after that poor run over christmas, he realised that he must sacrifice philosophy for results. Im still against the Osman or Barkley on the left situation but pushing mccarthy further forward has been a great decision, it has given Barkley a little more room to move in to. The substitutions seemed to give us a more balanced look whilst maintaining the attacking threat, their was part of me that seen the Martinez of last season in the weekends performance, defence does its job, barry covers, mccarthy just kicks anything that moves and the wingers try to contribute in the final third.

Still a few improvements need to be made. C+ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.