• Cenk Tosun

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 3 points in the bin.

I just hope we get the 6-9 points we need to keep us out of the mire pdq

But I like the disguise we put on throwing the match by conceding in overtime for both goals.

Great to see our central defenders just marking thin air for their first goal last night.

Someone needs to have a word with Silva, 'bin the zonal marking, and it might just save ya job'.

This is utter twaddle and your "guarantee" is an insult to Evertonians who always want their side to win.

it's not though is it, it's a genuine fact. literally every single blue mate of mine or people on facebook all wanted city to win, I know most on here did as well given the comments prior to the game

At this point he should be just drilling, drilling and drilling them until it sinks in, never been so disgusted with top flight defenders as i am with this lot.Not happy with Marco for not rectifying it but this is not all on him at all. Basic defending of set pieces have been drilled into these lot since they started playing football, something is getting lost in translation(tactics wise) somewhere imo.

That felt like a mid season "full stop", so hopefully we can start somewhat afresh at Watford. The scoreline was harsh imo, and for a good while I thought we might nick a 1-1. Some encouraging play and individual performances/attitudes, and was great to hear Goodison find its voice again. Yes we were still very very lacking but it felt way less hopeless than recently.

Very glad to get the match out of the way, as are most blues I suspect. Onwards toffees.

Totally agree with this.
We also need a new goalkeeping coach to teach Pickford when to come off his line for corners and free kicks

The stark contrast between Pickford and Ederson was a real eye opener for me:

The ball Richarlison played to Tosun; which Ederson collected through anticipating and coming off his line, would surely have been conceded had Pickford been the one facing the challenge.

Are these not suppose to be similar Goal Keepers; good athletic shot stoppers who play well with the ball at their feet?

For me the biggest lesson learned from the match is that Pickford is clearly not good enough. The question is do we move on, or do we have to someone on staff able to help him develop?

A small selection maybe but everyone yesterday was hoping for a goal. We need to concentrate on our own fortunes and not trying to impact on theirs!
I've got absolutely no problem with that mate. To each their own and as I said in a different post, it seemed like the atmosphere was fine. I just chose to not go this one as I am in the I'd prefer City to win camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.