Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back to last night I have theses thoughs

1 We are gash, though we knew that already

2 They are a decent team (through grinded teeth)

3 Their fans are scum for singing through the applause both times

4 Our fans are very angry

5 Will they be fined for the flares?

6 Will we be fined for throwing objects (I saw it a couple of times)

7 Rafael is a pleb

8 Klopp is a bigger pleb

9 For a short while we actually had a go before it went 3-1

10 I was there the day Rondon actually ran

11 We are boss at booing (my throat hurts today)

12 What was going on in the Street End with the coppers dragging the guy away?

13 Anichebe was boss posing for photos with all the kids in the enclosure. Top marks dude.

14 The guy in the park End who basically wrestled a little kid for the ball and threw it to Pickford. Have a word with yourself dude!

15 Funniest Moment - Prime team set up by the corner flag and a little lad shouting 'Terry' to try and get Thierry Henry's attention ha ha

Oh Yeah! and Kopites are...well ya know what they are and always will be

See ya Monday

Over recent years I've been really good at not getting suckered into it all. No longer did Everton losing dominate my weekend.

Last night got me big time though. Ended up with a ticket and haven't been able to get out of mind all day how bad we are. Feel like a recovering addict who's relapsed. Embarrassed I've let it get me down all day. It was such a humiliating rout on our own turf with them singing Benitez's name and our players getting nowhere near them despite us spending a fortune.

It genuinely astounds me how somehow we come up with new narratives of pain. I didn't think it could get worse than that 3rd round tie against their reserves at Anfield but last night somehow it did.

Thinking back to last night I have theses thoughs

1 We are gash, though we knew that already

2 They are a decent team (through grinded teeth)

3 Their fans are scum for singing through the applause both times

4 Our fans are very angry

5 Will they be fined for the flares?

6 Will we be fined for throwing objects (I saw it a couple of times)

7 Rafael is a pleb

8 Klopp is a bigger pleb

9 For a short while we actually had a go before it went 3-1

10 I was there the day Rondon actually ran

11 We are boss at booing (my throat hurts today)

12 What was going on in the Street End with the coppers dragging the guy away?

13 Anichebe was boss posing for photos with all the kids in the enclosure. Top marks dude.

14 The guy in the park End who basically wrestled a little kid for the ball and threw it to Pickford. Have a word with yourself dude!

15 Funniest Moment - Prime team set up by the corner flag and a little lad shouting 'Terry' to try and get Thierry Henry's attention ha ha

Oh Yeah! and Kopites are...well ya know what they are and always will be

See ya Monday
Great post and I agree big shout to victor with the kids ? you missed iwobi on the bench giggling and seeming relaxed.
Also I seen a lad by the corner flag shouting macca macca with a big friendly smile on his face and a thumb up but when macca looked over and said hello the lad gave him the dogs abuse ? to be fair though macmannaman just laughed

I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.

Disappointed at the reds for singing though the applauses that memorialised little Ava, Ray Kennedy and the great Cliff Marshall. And throwing the red flare was unnecessarily inflammatory - literally!

We have the loyalist fans in the country. When the RS were struggling in midtable under R.A.F.A., before they won the Champions League, they got an attendance of just 32,000 in the Premier League. It was against Portsmouth at Anfield. Midweek match on 14th
December 2004.

Besides our goal the only other highlight of the night was seeing those bottles thrown from the back of the St. End pinging off the bizzies helmets.
Impressive accuracy lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.