Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got Richarlison and he should start up top. Just don’t spend the game punting useless long passes his way. Get it into Gray, Townsend Doucoure and get him running in behind.

You don’t have to have James Rodriguez to do that
I just feel like Richy is wasted up top on his own..
With Dom sure, but on his own he gets too isolated

Is it too much to ask to have a go at them tonight.

Get close to them , throw some tackles in , get physical , get players in the box , put them under pressure.

I don't mean in a reckless fashion leaving ourselves wide open but if we sit off , concede possession and hope to play on the break we will get battered .

He ( Benitez ) has to set us up to play on the front foot and get the crowd behind us.

His usual passive game needs to be replaced by intensity but sadly you know it will just be more of the same old crap and that's why he should never have been appointed Everton manager.

F3z9g9K.jpg

I just feel like Richy is wasted up top on his own..
With Dom sure, but on his own he gets too isolated
He absolutely is mate if you play him how we’ve been playing him - useless long balls up to his general vicinity

But if you play him like how we did in the Feb derby, or v Spurs in the FA Cup, or in silva’s first season, he’s an excellent forward. He wants to run into the channels onto through balls, not be batting VVD for headers

Is it too much to ask to have a go at them tonight.

Get close to them , throw some tackles in , get physical , get players in the box , put them under pressure.

I don't mean in a reckless fashion leaving ourselves wide open but if we sit off , concede possession and hope to play on the break we will get battered .

He ( Benitez ) has to set us up to play on the front foot and get the crowd behind us.

His usual passive game needs to be replaced by intensity but sadly you know it will just be more of the same old crap and that's why he should never have been appointed Everton manager.
I cannot understand why we dont do that every match. We dont play in europe. And enegry levels should be able for it. Brentford should have been like a cup match. We needed 3 points. Yet like last 5 years we decide to try to play ourselves into the match. It doesnt work for us.

But I dont think these set of players are capable or understand intensity. Even out captain coleman takes 40 seconds to throw in the ball during the first half if matches. Strangely that changes in second half to one seconds when we are one nil down. It is like groundhog day. Same thing match after match. Intensity rises only when behind last 15 mins.

They only play 1 match a week for 90 mins. They are an embarrassment to the club. (I dont mean coleman here)

Iwobi is down to Brands, Rondon is down to Benitez.
I think this is the core of the issue.
Nobody knows if Iwobi was signed by the owner, the director of football or the manager at the time. (I cant even remember who that was).
The club is a mess but the solution is straight forward.
Moshiri needs to stop interfering, hire the right people, and let them do what they are supposed to do.
Easier said than done I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.