Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine saying that as been our best option.
What a shambles we are

Not good like

But I don't think Tosun should play, even though I'd rather not play Richarlison as a lone striker. I'd also possibly start Gordon over Townsend to be honest. Need pace to play counter attack football and have half a chance. Not sure how Tosun helps that.

Oh we hate Bill Shankly and we hate St John
But most of all we hate Big Ron
And we’ll hang the Kopites, one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers, too
Throw them all in the Mersey
Cos we’ll fight, fight, fight, with all our might
For the boys in the Royal Blue jerseys

Come on Everton, get stuck in!!!!

I think we'll see an angry Goodison from the off tonight - though not directed at the players.

Evertonians haven't forgotten the antics from the RS since the last Goodison derby. They'll be up for it despite trepidation from recent performances.

It should be blood and thunder and actually trying to win the game. Players and fans at uproar for every decision, every tackle.

If Benitez does the most likely and sets up not to concede and we see another limp performance we'll get hammered and I imagine it'll turn nasty in multiple ways on the night and coming days.

There's no reason at all we can't be competitive in this fixture.

I reckon we will line up like this tonight -

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Godfrey - Digne
Allan - Doucoure
Townsend - Richarlison - Gray
Tosun
I don't think that's the worst side.
If all those players play to the top of their abilities, it should be enough to at least give the RS a game
I don't think Richarlison is a lone striker so better to have him playing off someone and if Tosun means no Rondon, then fine.
However I doubt there's any way he plays Richarlison and another forward.
So expect to see Richarlison chasing shadows for 60 mins and getting so frustrated he picks up a second soft booking.

Not good like

But I don't think Tosun should play, even though I'd rather not play Richarlison as a lone striker. I'd also possibly start Gordon over Townsend to be honest. Need pace to play counter attack football and have half a chance. Not sure how Tosun helps that.
Cant believe I'm defending Tosun here but if the ball breaks to him, there's a chance he'll at least get it on target.

I’m just hoping they don’t score more than 4. Needless to say we won’t score at all so 4-0 is poor but not humiliating.

All I want to see is effort and passion for the jersey and the badge. We no where near our strongest so I am expecting a defeat but I just don’t want to see a capitulation.

Just some backbone, pride in the shirt

I
Oh we hate Bill Shankly and we hate St John
But most of all we hate Big Ron
And we’ll hang the Kopites, one by one, on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey
So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers, too
Throw them all in the Mersey
Cos we’ll fight, fight, fight, with all our might
For the boys in the Royal Blue jerseys

Come on Everton, get stuck in!!!!
Is right mate:celebrate:

I think they'll score at least 1 and im not confident of us getting 2+ without DCL so I cant look past a hard fought 1-1 although Im dreading Van Dijk potentially nicking one from a set piece would never hear the end of it.
Once you've seen us lose 5-0 at home it does not get any worse.
Any other manager I would be reasonably expectant of a draw at least but Benny???
Can't see it.

Wish they would just turn on them unexpectedly in the tunnel. Mass fight. Get them coming out with fat lips and black eyes thinking, what the hellisgoinonhere@!
Then shithousetactics all through the game, just to wind the German Goof up.
Would love it if we end up with about 5 cats and 3 dogs on the pitch at various times too, just to add to the disruption and disdain.

At least give us a laugh blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.