Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that impresses on me the most is that everyone yesterday from the players and coaching staff and fans, right down to the ball boy ( lol) were all unified and working together and all trying to make something happen. When this happens, you get to glimpse back to what the good old days of football were all about before it got santised into the all seated premier league made for TV era. Goodison Park may have a lot of draw backs, but being one of the only proper old school stadiums left is truly one of the best places to be as a home fan and worst places to be as an away fan when it's rocking.

Yes it was 0-0, but we can see the effort and the passion in the players. If we could get some of that every home game, they'd start turning into wins and we'd certainly upset more than a few. You'd definitely have the crowd behind you, and I can guarantee no one would relish a trip to us.

Game was there to be won. Happy with a point though. Today re-enforced my opinion that walcott should be nowhere near the team. Don’t think he broke sweat? Dcl gave us what we were expecting still young lad but did ok i suppose. Cant understand why we didnt keep launching it up when we bought cenk on, gylfi was absolutely everywhere and picked up second balls well. Bernard put in a shift and a half. Defence very solid.

Hate to talk about that shower but if i was a rs id be fuming about shaqiri not coming on vs a tired everton defence.

That is pathetic as well mate but I was more on about the fans. Made up they have dropped points because of us as couldn't think of anything worse of them winning the league. The way we celebrating though was over the top when we haven't bloody beaten them since 2010.

It's called a rivalry. We're allowed to be happy when our rival drops points in their bid to win the premier league.

The thing that impresses on me the most is that everyone yesterday from the players and coaching staff and fans, right down to the ball boy ( lol) were all unified and working together and all trying to make something happen. When this happens, you get to glimpse back to what the good old days of football were all about before it got santised into the all seated premier league made for TV era. Goodison Park may have a lot of draw backs, but being one of the only proper old school stadiums left is truly one of the best places to be as a home fan and worst places to be as an away fan when it's rocking.

Yes it was 0-0, but we can see the effort and the passion in the players. If we could get some of that every home game, they'd start turning into wins and we'd certainly upset more than a few. You'd definitely have the crowd behind you, and I can guarantee no one would relish a trip to us.

Think the ross the rat factor in the next home game vs chelsea will help the atmosphere again

That is pathetic as well mate but I was more on about the fans. Made up they have dropped points because of us as couldn't think of anything worse of them winning the league. The way we celebrating though was over the top when we haven't bloody beaten them since 2010.

There was crowd reaction for a number of reasons.

We hurt their title challenge

It was a derby

We’ve been underperforming and the fans knew we are capable of better.

We owed them one for robbing us at greyskull

The team put an absolute shift in.

Most people were likely on the sauce from breakfast time.

No shame in any of that.

If you had offered me 1pt from 2 derbies at the start of the season I would have said to go stick it. TBH it was a match between 2 teams paralysed by fear. We've forgotten how to win against these lot, and in turn they're paralysed by the thought of winning the league again, something that both sets of supporters have been conditioned to believe they will never again live to see.

If you had offered me 1pt from 2 derbies at the start of the season I would have said to go stick it. TBH it was a match between 2 teams paralysed by fear. We've forgotten how to win against these lot, and in turn they're paralysed by the thought of winning the league again, something that both sets of supporters have been conditioned to believe they will never again live to see.
I mean they'd just stuck 5 past their opponents a few days earlier, but ok...

Thought we were relatively comfortable...boss when goodison is like that... nowhere better....probably been mentioned but the officials were definately not watching the same game...And Klopp.. what an absolute tool

Status
Not open for further replies.