Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just play a tape of the Kopite infested media blather before Z Cars starts and then ram it down the deluded throats of Thompson, "Carra", "Lawro" "Aldo", Cates, "Deano", Murphy and all the other over represented Kopite media gobshytes.
You are everyone's ninety second favourite team; get over yer selves ffs.

2-1 for us.
Gomes in 17th minute, we pressure them for the rest of the half but they get an equaliser just before half time. They get on top second half but we hang on, and have a breakaway in 81st minute and get an og by Henderson.
They run out of ideas when we sit deep for the last 10 minutes

Before the Anfield derby I was hopeful. This time if they play anything half decent I just can't see us getting anything. We got a jammy draw to Watford, drew with Huddersfield, lost to West Ham, scrambled past Bournemouth. The only chance we have is if they get nervous, as their recent away form is not great.

I’d go for containment in the first half. Maybe even Schneiderlin in midfield if he is going to actually put a shift in. Two workhorses on the flank who will track their full backs up and down all game. Then on 60 mins unleash Gomes Bernard and Tosun and try and win it.

I go the whole hog for this game and cram the centre of the park. The 2 wingers come out and Zouma/Gomes come in for them. Lots of additional height and you make the pitch as congested as possible in the middle to essentially spoil the game. It will mean lots of aimless running for DCL and a big onus on Coleman/Digne to get the better of their fullbacks but they may surprise us. We look to get to 60 minutes and build from there.

I think Liverpool may panic a bit if they cannot get an early goal and they struggle to pass through the middle of the pitch.

After their last win this is looking dare I say tight.

Wonder what team selection Silva will try for this game, I am sure there has already been 1001 permutations.

So do people think we should keep a winning side or make changes? Tough one, think Richarlison could do with being benched but then we don't have anyone who is as big a goal threat, Bernard seems to be more productive for the team but isn't a massive goal threat.

Schneiderlin was steady, no more or less the other night, I don't like him and would drop for Gomes, even if he won motm he can get to hell the rat.

Finally Jags and Walcott rotate or keep, Walcott I'd swap for Lookman although to be honest neither are tearing up trees, I just think Lookman has more about him on the ball. Jags probably earned another game but wish it wasn't against their attack.

Park the buses and hit them on the counter. Pickford owes us one hell of a performance if needed.
We cant park the bus. Whenever we let on pressure, we break down, and Picky is one of the main reasons. We need to be in their faces and be physical with them, stop them from running around our box taking shots.

I go the whole hog for this game and cram the centre of the park. The 2 wingers come out and Zouma/Gomes come in for them. Lots of additional height and you make the pitch as congested as possible in the middle to essentially spoil the game. It will mean lots of aimless running for DCL and a big onus on Coleman/Digne to get the better of their fullbacks but they may surprise us. We look to get to 60 minutes and build from there.

I think Liverpool may panic a bit if they cannot get an early goal and they struggle to pass through the middle of the pitch.

Their danger comes from the full backs and the obvious giving it away cheaply in transition. If we stop the second one we’d really only have to defend the flanks properly (which are what other teams like West Ham and United have realised). No doubt though we’ll come out like Watford or Bournemouth trying to play out offering up numerous easy chances to be caught on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.