Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd stick with the same team as Tuesday me... And it we get a result, I'd repeat and repeat until it breaks!

What can go wrong does go wrong for us in this fixture, and I'm expecting nothing.

That said, after the Pickford incident it's difficult to try and conjure up anything more horrific for this fixture happening again, at least in this game.

They will get all the decisions and all the luck that's going, we know that already.

I'm relaxed about it - it shouldn't be like we have nothing to lose, but it is really.

We have as close to a free hit here as we are going to get, it's at home, and they desperately need the points.

An early goal for us would be great though, as I feel the longer the game goes on, the more the sense of inevitability about a coming goal for them grows, regardless of whether we are playing well or badly.

We are ruined psychologically in this fixture and there is no way over that other than to win.

A draw would be damaging for them, but I'd still regard it as a meh result.

In the name of all that is fair and good, just for this once, bloody do it Everton.

We've got to control the midfield and stop the supply to their attack. They can flood the midfield cause the dogs win the tackles and their front 3 are happy to work hard, drop back an pick up the loose. We've somehow got to stop this happening and cause them some problems.

lads whats the story with the box office opening hours on sunday
I have to pick my ticket up.
or can I collect Saturday?

Everton win. 2-0.

Silva to unfold his arms and not stand lob-sided with a scowl on his face.

Which scenario has the shorter odds?

You know all this "Play the game, not the occasion" stuff?

I actually think we need to play the occasion. I think the only way we get anything out of the game is for our players to raise the game and the fans make it a cauldron of noise, driving our players on and loudly booing their lot at every touch.

If we try to play the game, play the 11 men we're facing, we'll lose 99 times out of 100. They are vastly superior in every department so we need to disrupt them. We need to make this a proper derby. Tackles flying in, first to every 2nd ball, feisty and fiery.

If we manage that, we'll get at least a point. If we're meek and mild as we have been, it could be a cricket score.

Status
Not open for further replies.