Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone said before that their bench cost more than our starting XI. Well, when they are chasing the 3 points and bring on Milner and Llalana it shows how far their squad are from City.
So much to enjoy from that game.
Re. Their bench; the BBC, yeah I know, but in their player ratings, our subs rated at the top of the list and theirs near or at the bottom...and this is from the rs bbc

Still drunk . Proud to be a toffee . I loved how much we as a club made a point of letting them know how much we despise them.

Happy with a draw ? No

Happy with taking the title out of there control ? Absofuckinglutely .

Happy to see a team devoid of confidence respond to a fantastic Goodison crowd ? That is the most satisfying thing of the lot .

I apologise to all the Evertonians : Coleman, Digne & Gana (Going forward) were superb. I never rated DCL, but again he proved me wrong. I won't
pass comment on the subs. Rest of the team were solid and played like scousers. We deserved the win in both league games this season, the RS knew
that they had been in a game. I suppose one of our fans must have seen sky sports panel on saturday noon, It seems that Thompson said Liverpool will
Wallop Everton , in the bar the previous night, this brought guffaws from Jeff and the panel, not just at Thompson, the whole lot had a good laugh at
Everton(I was fuming). How can Thompson and Carragher vent their spleen on us and bring vexation to the spirit of the game.

We're supposed to be the bitters, but everything I've read from them has come across as bitter. Klopp and robertson's comments, the BBC write up, I don't think I can read anymore without breaking my sides through laughter. God I hope they lose this title by 1 point.

The morning after. Weird game, great atmosphere, even singing in the top balcony haha. Bar the one Chance first half I didn’t really feel under pressure and the time ticked away and I didn’t feel that nervous as I thought they were really poor overall. We had a plan, we stuck to it and it worked. Great point for us.
I like the ironic cheering when the attendance was announced from their end. Are they thick? The ground was a sell out, you couldn’t get anymore in, why you cheering for the attendance? What do you want, people on rooves, people on the pitch? Cheering sarcastically about Goodison being sold out. Do the maths retards

Wish the ground and team were buzzing like that every week.

Embarrassing mate. No wonder they call us a small club.
Because Liverpool would never celebrate a draw would they? Such behaviour is reserved for "small club's" isn't it.......

Because Liverpool would never celebrate a draw would they? Such behaviour is reserved for "small club's" isn't it.......View attachment 55225
That is pathetic as well mate but I was more on about the fans. Made up they have dropped points because of us as couldn't think of anything worse of them winning the league. The way we celebrating though was over the top when we haven't bloody beaten them since 2010.

That is pathetic as well mate but I was more on about the fans. Made up they have dropped points because of us as couldn't think of anything worse of them winning the league. The way we celebrating though was over the top when we haven't bloody beaten them since 2010.
That's were the club is at mate. We've been garbage for pretty much my entire life. We don't have much to cheer or be happy about so you've got to take these moments when you get the chance. We've put a massive dent in their title hopes and didn't lose againt a side that's only lost one single league game all season. We've had literally NOTHING to be positive about all season and most thought we were gonna get hammered. You've just gotta take these moments for what they are as it's a bit late to be annoyed at the direction that the club has gone in.

Why the hell are they celebrating a 0-0 like we’ve won?! Is that seriously what we’ve become?
I must have missed that. Maybe happy that they've taken two points off them, and what's wrong with that?

I noticed in extra time that Pickford got the ball and kicked up the ground. He didn't fall forward to ground wasting time like you usually see teams hanging on do.

Van [Poor language removed] said after that they should've won - I don't see why - and that Everton were celebrating a 0-0 draw.

Some tell me why Liverpool deserved to win the match more than Everton.

Yeah, completely agree mate - if the positions were reversed and they put a massive dent in us potentially winning the league, I'm sure their fans would just sit in disinterested silence.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.