Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes needs a big performance, the type he had at Anfield a couple of years ago. I do worry about him in games like this because there´s a tendency for him to go missing.

Also, can´t remember the game it was but Doucoure played a couple of shocking passes that Liverpool will exploit if they´re given the chance. Little mistakes like that can´t happen if we want to win.

They will be full strength aside from one glaring omission. The keeper. We have been so preoccupied with our own troubles with Pickford, but we need to rain in shots on Adrian and put him under pressure from all set pieces, Mina and Keane using height advantage etc.

Gomes and TAA are liabilities at the back. And even the golden boy VVD is suspect when he gets too arrogant and cocky in possession.

I agree that Mane is a major threat. Rough him up early and potentially he can become a loose cannon. Salah is a shadow of the player from 2 years ago. New players Thiago and Jota may only feature from the bench but are also very versatile and dangerous.

Amazing that we're going into this match with so much confidence considering we haven't beaten them in 10 whole years...and that includes some truly horrible sides (their under 19s / Andy Carroll & Paul Konchesky & Jay Spearing et al knocking us out of the cup semi)...and now here we are expecting to beat them when they are reigning champions.

I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there listening Superman, please help us!

Pretty much with you word for word on this. Two things though..

- suspect Gomez will be taken out with either Matip or fabinho on, which means they will play a bit deeper.
- It is tragic, that despite Adrian being so so bad, they still start the game with the better keeper

There were Colombians from a few British clubs playing
Everton Brighton and Rangers Spurs Bournemouth for definite
Maybe all European players flew back to a common base in Europe and went from there ?
I would say cost was split
Rangers would have wanted Morelos back sharpish for the old firm derby
Can imagine they contributed a whole 4 (four) of your British pence thingies to get that mentalist back, seeing the could not afford Besic

The media are so convinced by a Liverpool win that I think us winning would seriously bamboozle them.

Would love us to stick it up em good n hard
That Gabby Angelwhore (I know but i could not resist )said Villa outplayed and outsmarted Liverpool but expects Liverpool to beat us easy
Expects Villa to finish about 10th
VILLA are managed by Dean Smith Yes That Dean Smith and we are managed by Carlo Ancelotti

That Gabby Angelwhore (I know but i could not resist )said Villa outplayed and outsmarted Liverpool but expects Liverpool to beat us easy
Expects Villa to finish about 10th
VILLA are managed by Dean Smith Yes That Dean Smith and we are managed by Carlo Ancelotti

I dont know where this "beat us easily" BS comes from.

They have won us about 2 times in the last 8 or so games at GP - these pundits know absolutely nothing and spout crap.

How I would love a Blue win and see them all back peddling quicker than when they thought Ancelotti would never come to Everton.

I can see them scoring in the first half if we let them ping diagonal balls behind our full backs (again). Our midfield will have to be on theirs to stop that from the KO. Might be worth pushing Doucoure a little further up to counter the long ball.

Nerves are kicking off big time, I feckin hate this match!

We're so overdue a win it's beyond a joke now - please Everton, in the name of all that is just, fair, honest and true please give the horrible, arrogant Tory gits the shoeing of a lifetime!

Are you saying the RS are Tories??? How on earth did you arrive at that??

Status
Not open for further replies.