Match Thread Everton v Liverpool (Monday 16 March 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never cease to be amazed how one sided the results are in our derby.
It seems that every other "derby" throughout the world is competitive , but not ours (for decades now).
Even when Moyes was in charge we lost.
I know that the refereeing is biased , but by the law of averages we should win one soon.
I have faith in Ancelotti and Dunc ! to put a rollocking into them before they go out to play.
Whether it works with some of these is a different matter.
Whatever the result , I just hope that they at least put in a shift , and get stuck in.
I think Ancelotti understands , and may ensure that the team he chooses will at least be mobile , and will not be crammed with the experienced , slow , crabs.

i would not be one bit surprised if this season the planets align and our neighbours are given the opportunity to claim their long awaited title on our turf. If the opportunity arises then there will only be one outcome and that will be the bitterest pill of all to swallow.
Utd fought back against City to avoid the pain of their fans having to witness the celebrations of their rivals but to be totally realistic I don’t see that level of fight in our Lads. We simply don’t have the mental strength needed to succeed in these games as history will show.....one painful result after another. Mr Klopp and Co know this and will have our Lads fearing the game rather than looking forward to it and the opportunity of installing some pride back into the blue half of the City. The FA Cup debacle was to me as low as we could stoop against the RS but to have them officially win the title on our patch..........well that will simply be a whole new level of shame on our proud club. Everton Fans don’t deserve this but you just have to read the many threads on this forum to sense the low expectation of this squad.

I never cease to be amazed how one sided the results are in our derby.
It seems that every other "derby" throughout the world is competitive , but not ours (for decades now).

Even when Moyes was in charge we lost.
I know that the refereeing is biased , but by the law of averages we should win one soon.
I have faith in Ancelotti and Dunc ! to put a rollocking into them before they go out to play.
Whether it works with some of these is a different matter.
Whatever the result , I just hope that they at least put in a shift , and get stuck in.
I think Ancelotti understands , and may ensure that the team he chooses will at least be mobile , and will not be crammed with the experienced , slow , crabs.
...similar to our results away at the Sky 6s gaffs. Everton doesn't do big games very well. But dress our brave lion hearts up in a blue Chrimbo outfit and send them off to visit orphanages, work houses and wet nursing homes, and they're the best team in the league...

NSNO

i would not be one bit surprised if this season the planets align and our neighbours are given the opportunity to claim their long awaited title on our turf. If the opportunity arises then there will only be one outcome and that will be the bitterest pill of all to swallow.
Utd fought back against City to avoid the pain of their fans having to witness the celebrations of their rivals but to be totally realistic I don’t see that level of fight in our Lads. We simply don’t have the mental strength needed to succeed in these games as history will show.....one painful result after another. Mr Klopp and Co know this and will have our Lads fearing the game rather than looking forward to it and the opportunity of installing some pride back into the blue half of the City. The FA Cup debacle was to me as low as we could stoop against the RS but to have them officially win the title on our patch..........well that will simply be a whole new level of shame on our proud club. Everton Fans don’t deserve this but you just have to read the many threads on this forum to sense the low expectation of this squad.
Is there anything to be said for a massive pitch invasion the whole gwladys street empties onto the pitch just before kickoff refuse to move so the ref has to abandon the game and it gets postponed.

Is there anything to be said for a massive pitch invasion the whole gwladys street empties onto the pitch just before kickoff refuse to move so the ref has to abandon the game and it gets postponed.

They failure of our team to apply pressure press and tackle will mean another loss against a top 6 side. Amazes me how we actually dont physically challenge for the ball. We stand around 3 feet off and allow the opposition to play. Is it because out players are too slow. Davis keane siggy etc

...similar to our results away at the Sky 6s gaffs. Everton doesn't do big games very well. But dress our brave lion hearts up in a blue Chrimbo outfit and send them off to visit orphanages, work houses and wet nursing homes, and they're the best team in the league...

NSNO

You're right! If we stopped doing nice things for people in need we'd win every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.