Match Thread Everton v Lincoln City, FA Cup, Preview, Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even think it’s just that we’re fragile , I’ve said it before from the pitch into the crowds it’s palpable. We’ve scored two in 15 mins and they manage to get one in from a set piece and you’d think they’d gone 2-1 up with seconds left the way it changed . I had people by my in the second half screaming for us lump it forward as if we were desperately trying for an equaliser when all we had to keep doing was pass it . Passing the ball meant they had to chase and it was creating real chances for us but people seemed in a state of panic.

I know it’s not a common consensus but I do think the derby result reverberated for some time, we just need to contribute doing the right thing and heading in the right direction . Things don’t happen overnight , Although some seem to think they do.

On the pitch Bernard and Baines were the stand out players but unfortunately Davies is looking further and further away from where I’d hope be be by now .

By this time he should have been something like Barkley was but appears to quite a bit off from that..

Silva needs to go. He's not prepared to change his zonal marking and it is killing us. Giving away a goal a game from his ridiculous tactics, and have no idea how to score against decent opposition.

Silva needs to go. He's not prepared to change his zonal marking and it is killing us. Giving away a goal a game from his ridiculous tactics, and have no idea how to score against decent opposition.
I would still give him the full season to see if things improve but he definitely has to change his zonal marking or whatever it is he calls it. We have 3 very tall centre half's (Keane, Zouma, MIna) and the amount of headers we lose in our own box is ridiculous.

This is the first time I remember ever being disappointed with a win. I woke up at 2.15am, tuned in to 5 Live which was doing the Chelsea v Forest match and within a minute gave out all the scores. I, for one, never thought we'd lose, but 2-0 was a much better start than I expected. They pulled one back and then every time they crossed over to Goodison we seemed to be hanging on. Not good enough against League 2 opposition.

Fun Fact: Everton averted losing at the first hurdle for three consecutive years for the first time by beating Lincoln.. Having L to Liverpool and Leicester..

Looks forward to W over W**** Leeds, West Brom, Watford, West Ham and Wolves

I don’t even think it’s just that we’re fragile , I’ve said it before from the pitch into the crowds it’s palpable. We’ve scored two in 15 mins and they manage to get one in from a set piece and you’d think they’d gone 2-1 up with seconds left the way it changed . I had people by my in the second half screaming for us lump it forward as if we were desperately trying for an equaliser when all we had to keep doing was pass it . Passing the ball meant they had to chase and it was creating real chances for us but people seemed in a state of panic.

I know it’s not a common consensus but I do think the derby result reverberated for some time, we just need to contribute doing the right thing and heading in the right direction . Things don’t happen overnight , Although some seem to think they do.

On the pitch Bernard and Baines were the stand out players but unfortunately Davies is looking further and further away from where I’d hope be be by now .

Yeah man agreed people in the crowd get on the players backs too easy these days which is sad because Goodison is a beautiful thing to behold when everyone is behind the team.

Hate people complaining about passing and going backwards as well.... while we didn’t move the ball quick enough and with as much purpose as we should have yesterday, unless it’s like the 90th minute and we just need the ball to be in the opposition box we should never just lump it forward.

Why doesn’t Pickford do his job and come out and attack the ball, he’s glued to his line, thinks he needs his passport to come out of his six yard area, getting beyond a joke now, mind you this zonal marking doesn’t help either.

The zonal marking does seem to mean that opposition players end up free in space to attack rebounds and second balls unchallenged. If we were man marking then it’s more likely they will have a blue shirt near them ready to compete for the second ball.

I would not want to see Glen Murray in an Everton shirt at all ever. But for all the Mickey taking regarding him and tosun, I 100% think Murray would be a better option than tosun.
Yep. It’s funny when players get suggested and shot down quickly yet are streets ahead of anything we have. Genuinely 16 sides in the premiership have better options up top than Everton, yet we scoff at the thought of most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.