Everton v Lille/Porto Sat/Sun 21/22 July 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pre season, we have the same crap as last season with no new purchases yet and it's only the 3rd game for Silva to see who's crap and a way to get those he deems not crap to work to his tactics I'm not sure what people expect this early ?

Seems like we were crap again then. People can say it was a pre season game all they want but it sets the tone for what is to come. Especially when it seems nothing as changed from the previous year.

I watched the game against Bury the other night and it did nothing but reinforce in my mind what a horrible job Silva has on his hands.

Lol, amateur fan alertt

Who caught your eye tonight then mate? Out of those that played?

I mean lets look at them :

Sandro - Was loaned out last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Klaassen - Kissed the bench for most of last season, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Dowell - Was loaned out last, has been given a chance and hasnt taken it
Mirallas - Was loaned out last season, has looked bright at times, is on biggish money and you would think we have other players ahead of him
Besic - Was loaned out last season, has been quite impressive for me
Connolly - Was loaned out last season, certainly hasnt looked out of place
Vlasic - Has looked very poor for me

So for me Sandro, Mirallas and Klaassen should be moved on, none of them appear to have anything to offer us at all.
The others considering their age should probably be loaned out and be scouted to see if they can kick on next season with regular games.
I would of course keep Besic as a squad option.

Difficult to disagree with those assessments. But feel we've got something to work with on Sandro. His delivery is very neat, perhaps the best at the club. Just seems like he is always trying too hard though.

Would be glad to find alternate suitors for Klaassen and Mirallas, though I am not sure that is even possible.

From watching the game the below players need to shipped out

Sandro, Klassen, Stekelenburg, besic, Williams and mirallas

Keep vlasic, Kenny, Holgate and Davies as back up

Then would loan out Robinson (if we sign a left back), Connolly and Pennington

I know it’s early and only preseason but am worried that it’s going to be the same next season unless we sign some players

From watching the game the below players need to shipped out

Sandro, Klassen, Stekelenburg, besic, Williams and mirallas

Keep vlasic, Kenny, Holgate and Davies as back up

Then would loan out Robinson (if we sign a left back), Connolly and Pennington

I know it’s early and only preseason but am worried that it’s going to be the same next season unless we sign some players

If you watched the game, why would you want rid of Besic?

Sell: Klaassen, Williams, Mirallas, Dowell (with a buyback clause)
Keep: Sandro, Besic, Connolly, Robinson
Loan: Vlasic, Pennington

---
Buy: 2x CB, 1x Winger.

Oh and keeping Besic means Macca must be sold.

Finish 7th and then re-assess.

Keep: Sandro.

shakehead.gif

He seems to actually be able to pass a ball, cross a ball, take a set piece as well as player can in the squad. And he is quick. Attributes which a good player needs. Seems shot for confidence, which can miraculously return at any random stage.

Plus given his enormous wage, he is as difficult as anyone to move on. So if a choice needs to be made between keeping Bolasie, Mirallas and Sandro - he has the biggest upside and has age on his side.

He seems to actually be able to pass a ball, cross a ball, take a set piece as well as player can in the squad. And he is quick. Attributes which a good player needs. Seems shot for confidence, which can miraculously return at any random stage.

Plus given his enormous wage, he is as difficult as anyone to move on. So if a choice needs to be made between keeping Bolasie, Mirallas and Sandro - he has the biggest upside and has age on his side.

I don't see a place for him in the squad.

Last season, he was extremely poor whenever he played. I mean, utterly terrible. He made Mirallas look like Ronaldo.

These pre-season friendlies, he's made a few decent crosses and people are getting excited. He's also missed some absolute sitters and couldn't even score in the 22-0 victory.

He doesn't suit being out wide because he has no pace, height or strength. You can maybe get away with one or even two of those out wide, but not all three. He gets bullied off the ball by superior opposition far too easily.

I agree Bolasie and Mirallas must go, it's just an utterly embarrassing position to be in that we have to justify keeping garbage because the other players are even worse.

I am pissed :rant: so far the preseason games have been available to watch back at a later time and this ine isnt wtf

I am watching a highlight reel, the shot from distance from Besic that Klassen followed in, that was not offside:mad:(n)

Sandro was unlucky to hit the post
Mirrallas should have had a penalty

I didnt see the whole game and the midfield looked pathetic as did steklenberg at one point.... however i saw more chances created in that game than 5 games under fat sam

Will admit though Marco Silva did not look happy at all, there were many moments he looked ready to pack it in and its only preseason.... according to watford fans if he gets cranky and the board dont give him players thats when he downs tools so lets hope the transfers come through

Last edited:
Last season, he was extremely poor whenever he played. I mean, utterly terrible. He made Mirallas look like Ronaldo.

Didn't everybody say this about Prince Oumar and he turned out to be not only an actual decent striker but an actual classy guy as well putting most of the team to shame

Not saying Sandro is boss but I don't think we should right him off after 1 bad season

Status
Not open for further replies.