Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Coleman and Sigurdsson playing the full 90 yesterday, Doucouré suspended, Keane and Pickford being rested and Carlo saying Digne and Iwobi are back tomorrow, looks like it's:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
Iwobi Gomes Davies
James DCL Richarlison​

Godfrey doesn't deserve to be on the bench but this is our strongest XI for this match in terms of availability and fitness, so cannot argue with if it he picks this side.

It's a shame Davies needs to come in, but it's between him and Sigurdsson and they are both not the best. At least Tom can sit in midfield and make a nuisance of himself.

Think this side can get the points, especially with Vardy out for them.

Rule 1: Play Godfrey.

Id keep our back four of centrebacks and have digne play midfield again. Without douc and Allan we need to keep it tight and have Davies pick up the only way is Essex.

These are crap at defending set pieces and Mina and Keane are becoming a utter nightmare off corners. The WKD kid isn't playing so great chance here

Its a tough one...

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey​

Then 6 spots for
DCL
Richarlison
James
Iwobi
Digne
But then we have only one CM...

Nice problem to have lol

Given Digne should be back and we have both Allan and Doucoure missing it will be a new position for Godfrey I think.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Digne
Godfrey Davies
James Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

Olsen Lossl Coleman Kenny Onyango Gomes Iwobi Bernard Gordon

Given Digne should be back and we have both Allan and Doucoure missing it will be a new position for Godfrey I think.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Digne
Godfrey Davies
James Sigurdsson Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

Olsen Lossl Coleman Kenny Onyango Gomes Iwobi Bernard Gordon

The back 5 have been solid when playing recently so i dont think we should break that up.

My only real concern is the centre midfield as only Davies can chase/harry players.

Everton welcome Gary Lineker's pride and joy to Goodison on Wednesday night, it's games like this that really makes me wish this Covid would just bugger off and we could all go to the match under lights.

The Foxes under Brendan Rodgers are a well drilled machine, they have bought well in recent years, Fofana,Harvey Barnes, Tielemans and James Maddison are all top players and have serious futures in the game. They have good options in the full back positions in Castagne,Justin and Pereira. A bonus for us is they will be without Rebecca Vardy's fella up top.

Unfortunately we will still be without Allan and Doucoure's energy will be sorely missed, it's imperative Davies and Gomes play well as on paper the trio of Nndidi, Tielemans and Maddison are as good a midfield in the league.

We had a solid victory at the King power stadium last month, Kasper had a nightmare for the opening goal and we totally negated the Foxes attack. It was the first game that Carlo played the four centre backs in the backline and he will have a decison to make Wednesday night if Luca Digne has recovered from his injury.

Leicester have been talked as genuine contenders for the title, so it would be a great confidence boost if we could manage to do the double on them in the space of a month. The first goal will be crucial, we have 9 wins and 1 draw in games we have scored first, Leicester like to play on the counter and protect a lead.

I'm going for another 2-0 victory to the good guys.

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey
Davies Gomez
James
Iwobi DCL Richarlison
I would start Olsen and
Everton welcome Gary Lineker's pride and joy to Goodison on Wednesday night, it's games like this that really makes me wish this Covid would just bugger off and we could all go to the match under lights.

The Foxes under Brendan Rodgers are a well drilled machine, they have bought well in recent years, Fofana,Harvey Barnes, Tielemans and James Maddison are all top players and have serious futures in the game. They have good options in the full back positions in Castagne,Justin and Pereira. A bonus for us is they will be without Rebecca Vardy's fella up top.

Unfortunately we will still be without Allan and Doucoure's energy will be sorely missed, it's imperative Davies and Gomes play well as on paper the trio of Nndidi, Tielemans and Maddison are as good a midfield in the league.

We had a solid victory at the King power stadium last month, Kasper had a nightmare for the opening goal and we totally negated the Foxes attack. It was the first game that Carlo played the four centre backs in the backline and he will have a decison to make Wednesday night if Luca Digne has recovered from his injury.

Leicester have been talked as genuine contenders for the title, so it would be a great confidence boost if we could manage to do the double on them in the space of a month. The first goal will be crucial, we have 9 wins and 1 draw in games we have scored first, Leicester like to play on the counter and protect a lead.

I'm going for another 2-0 victory to the good guys.

Pickford
Davies Gomez
James
Iwobi DCL Richarlison
I would start Olsen and play Digne in place of Davies... Just an opinion...

Really excited for this one, yesterday set us up nicely. Hoping Carlo surprises us once again but our front three are suddenly firing and they don’t have Vardy?

curse our luck with doucs out but I’m beginning to believe anything is possible when James play, a high scoring 3-2 to us, hat trick of headers from corners for us (aren’t they awful at set pieces).

could be an amazing week, COYB

It's not like Carlo to think outside the box on the first go in a crucial match.

I think we'll run the defensive back four, with Digne to come on if he wants to get aggressive late on. I also think he'll pick the craptastic, slow mids.

The results of that are probably a 0-0 and Carlo being more willing to roll the dice on Holgate or Godfrey in midfield going forward.

Pickford
Iwobi Davies Digne
James DCL Richarlison​

If it doesnt work then we can always switch Digne with Godfrey who slots in at defensive midfield.

Gets our most mobile players on the pitch while keeping the back 4 intact.

What a great game this should be. All the talk is about Leicester as we've pretty much gone under the radar. Win against these and that narrative will start to change.

I'm going for a 3-1 Everton win, Richarlison to really step up and put in a match winning performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.