Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the cold light of day it'll look like a good point.

Win on Saturday and we will be on 36 points from 19 League matches.

I would hope to see us dominate the game and play expansively.

I wish we had won but I take the point. We are still two games behind other teams so this still is a good result. Let's not allow ourselves to get drowned in negativity

I do hope Ancelotti leaves Pickford on the bench from now on.
Its been a fantastic season so far. I think we are performing above where we should be for the sqaud, we are particularly light up front, in the fullback positions and missing a creative player imo. Saying that its days like today that remind me we desperately need a solid number 1. If we were to reach a final, I've no doubt this clown would completely bottle it and cost us. He needs to be dealt with in the summer. The amount of points we must have dropped in the last couple of seasons just through goalie errors must easy be in double figures.

Only just seen the replay of their goal and it’s worse than I thought at the time if that’s possible. It’s not struck with a lot of pace and he isn’t really unsighted first it

I thought we played really well. I think we tried to draw Leicester in and hit them with sucker punches, much like we did when we beat them away.
One of our best performances of the season I thought, until that awful mistake.
Pickford costs us at vital times, that‘s the difference between us being solid and almost unbeatable to being freaky defensively

Pickford mistake AGAIN. DCL free header should score. Richy free header should score. Gomes at the end should get his first touch and score! Leicester had all the game, all the pressure but didnt create clear cut chances only shots from around the edge of the box. We could easily have won. Its not all doom and gloom. Move on to Saturday and take out any frustration on a shocking Newcastle team! Could be an important point come the end of the season. And Olssen must be in now!

In all honesty we stole a point, not because they are that much better than us, but because tonight they PLAYED much better than us. So for us to take anything from the game feels like a win to be honest.

Regroup, and hopefully play much better this weekend

Felt like Carlo gave them just a bit too much respect and could have been a little more aggressive with the tactics offensively, but since Richarlison is playing like a poor man’s Theo Walcott right now, maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. Also think the subs were about right but came about 15-20 minutes too late.

With all that said, if Olsen is in goal, we win 1-0 and nobody cares about how we got there.

Disgusting performance at home to a rival, system wasnt working from 1st minute yet didnt make any changes until they had equalised. We cant keep getting lucky when lying deep.. distance between midfield and Dom was scanadalous and meant nothing stuck up top. Dont think the Digne LW project works, shouldve went with him at LB and put Godfrey to the right as Mason gives us absolutely nothing going forward. Iwobi shouldve started in front of him.
Shocking kopite you mush

Status
Not open for further replies.