Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it every time we play them but imagine growing up, your dad taking you to your first game, the gradual indoctrination to the club, your first season ticket your first time going the game with your mates, taking your kid to their first game and then the club going and hiring Brendon Rodgers. I’d probably just give up and watch synchronised horse swimming or something

I say it every time we play them but imagine growing up, your dad taking you to your first game, the gradual indoctrination to the club, your first season ticket your first time going the game with your mates, taking your kid to their first game and then the club going and hiring Brendon Rodgers. I’d probably just give up and watch synchronised horse swimming or something
I'm no Rodgers fan, but let's not forget (I wish to god I could) that we hired Samual Allardyce.

2-0 for Everton BTW

What a great game this should be. All the talk is about Leicester as we've pretty much gone under the radar. Win against these and that narrative will start to change.

I'm going for a 3-1 Everton win, Richarlison to really step up and put in a match winning performance.

I'd be stunned if there are four goals with us lacking a midfield, and them lacking Vardy.

Both sides are likely to set up to try to steal a 1-0, which is usually a recipe for uninspiring football.

I'd be stunned if there are four goals with us lacking a midfield, and them lacking Vardy.

Both sides are likely to set up to try to steal a 1-0, which is usually a recipe for uninspiring football.

4 goals but 3 for us!

Bypass the midfield, give it to James and let him hit the runners which will be Iwobi, Richarlison, DCL.

We've had loads of matches where we are missing players, I trust Ancelotti will set us up in a way that will make us competitive but carry a threat going forward.

This would be a big win. Set us up very nicely indeed.

COYB.

James might be due a goal. Need a big performance from all our available main men.

He needed that goal last night, confidence player. Think it'll give him a massive boost...and he loves scoring against these

That's my thinking mate. He got a good headed goal yesterday and then nearly got a 2nd straight after but their keeper pulled off a terrific save.

He really has to take care of the ball better because he's turning over possession far too often. Like others have mentioned, he would be far more effective just straight down the middle but he won't be dislodging DCL any time soon.

I can only see a similar team at the back and in midfield which we fielded at Wolves, with Iwobi and Siggy missing out
Pickford, Holgate MIna Keane Godfrey
Davies Gomes Digne
Rodriquez DCL Richarlison

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 10.38.18.png

Their fans seem confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.