Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy!

Leicester fan here who was idly browsing your forum to ascertain your thoughts for the game, and thought I'd post my two cents' worth.

Firstly, despite what practically every pundit says, and consequently many rival fans pick up on, we are far from a counter attacking side these days. We still have the ability to do so in games that suit that style, such as earlier in the season against Leeds. We're actually fairly possession based for the majority of games and are something like 8th highest in the league for possession stats. I imagine that will increase with Vardy's injury as Perez, his likely replacement, is hardly the 'in behind' forward that Vardy is.

As for the game itself, I'm not overly confident. We're on a fantastic run, but, as proven earlier in the season, you're the exact kind of side that we don't like playing against with DCL's physical threat and Rodriquez's mastery, and I fully expect at least one goal from a corner to be conceded given our awful record. I think our best chance is to nick the first goal and utilise Barnes as you chase the game. As one poster mentions above with you guys, we are equally imperious when in front. I think we've won every game in which we've taken the lead this season.

I'm not entirely sure how Vardy's absence will affect us. The past few weeks has seen far more goals from midfield than in recent seasons with Barnes, Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison all contributing, but he's so integral as to how we play. I would hope that your lost of Doucore and Allan will be beneficial also.

As to the season, it is pleasing to see ourselves, Everton, Villa and Southampton really pushing the 'top teams'. I fully expect you to be challenging for a top 6 place, and perhaps even top 4. Even given their recent struggles, I can't see past Liverpool and the Manchester clubs forming the top 3, but I think 4th place is very much up for grabs and will likely be between our two clubs and Spurs. Though, there may be an outsider like West Ham also.

Finally, I would like to make clear that I remain embarrassed for the small section of fans that sang pro Tory crap a season or two ago. They do not represent the club and are just like any clubs' bunch of idiots who will say any old thing to agitate the opposition supporters I guess. Our city has been Labour for a long time, even with one of the worst politicians in recent memory (quite a competition) serving as MP until recently. The fact that some football fans seem to think that Tories represent working class football supporters in any way is farcical.

Howdy!

Leicester fan here who was idly browsing your forum to ascertain your thoughts for the game, and thought I'd post my two cents' worth.

Firstly, despite what practically every pundit says, and consequently many rival fans pick up on, we are far from a counter attacking side these days. We still have the ability to do so in games that suit that style, such as earlier in the season against Leeds. We're actually fairly possession based for the majority of games and are something like 8th highest in the league for possession stats. I imagine that will increase with Vardy's injury as Perez, his likely replacement, is hardly the 'in behind' forward that Vardy is.

As for the game itself, I'm not overly confident. We're on a fantastic run, but, as proven earlier in the season, you're the exact kind of side that we don't like playing against with DCL's physical threat and Rodriquez's mastery, and I fully expect at least one goal from a corner to be conceded given our awful record. I think our best chance is to nick the first goal and utilise Barnes as you chase the game. As one poster mentions above with you guys, we are equally imperious when in front. I think we've won every game in which we've taken the lead this season.

I'm not entirely sure how Vardy's absence will affect us. The past few weeks has seen far more goals from midfield than in recent seasons with Barnes, Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison all contributing, but he's so integral as to how we play. I would hope that your lost of Doucore and Allan will be beneficial also.

As to the season, it is pleasing to see ourselves, Everton, Villa and Southampton really pushing the 'top teams'. I fully expect you to be challenging for a top 6 place, and perhaps even top 4. Even given their recent struggles, I can't see past Liverpool and the Manchester clubs forming the top 3, but I think 4th place is very much up for grabs and will likely be between our two clubs and Spurs. Though, there may be an outsider like West Ham also.

Finally, I would like to make clear that I remain embarrassed for the small section of fans that sang pro Tory crap a season or two ago. They do not represent the club and are just like any clubs' bunch of idiots who will say any old thing to agitate the opposition supporters I guess. Our city has been Labour for a long time, even with one of the worst politicians in recent memory (quite a competition) serving as MP until recently. The fact that some football fans seem to think that Tories represent working class football supporters in any way is farcical.
Leicester are a well ran club,Have good recruitment in place and some great players. That's my 2 penny's worth, All the best,Peace be with you.X

GK
Holgate Mina Keane Digne
Iwobi Gomes Davies
James DCL Richarlison

Holgate did well against Barnes last time
Don’t play Gomes, Davies, Sigurdsson as a 3, it’ll be carnage. Iwobi more central.

Loss of doucoure is massive without him we’re slow and weak in midfield which might be a problem against theirs but with james starting we’re basically starting a goal up
Doubt very much James will get the time or space he got versus Wednesday, as good as he was, Doucoure will be well missed , his energy, covering and work rate gives cover for others to do their ballwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.