Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to suddenly drop off but you have to imagine there will be a tailing off over the next two or so years for a player whose biggest strength is pace and work rate.

Happens to them all in the end. If the scouting team are worth their salt they should be looking at a similar type of player to take the load off a bit before the cliff approaches.
All true but I saw similar comments last season when he had a dry spell. We do need to have a contingency plan in place for when his times up though

“It was great for the pigeons and seagulls in Walton to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.” - Brendan Rodgers.

Proper self-aggrandising bell Brenda lad, can’t wait until Leicester finish 13th without Vardy.

Leicester had us on the rack for a period in the second half and in reality, it was touch and go.
I was delighted with the win, but there were a lot of uncomfortable moments.
it shows me the importance of putting most of our transfer effort into a CM.
You say that but we had some chances and the ref had an awful game, Evans falls over then takes out DCL and some how wins a free kick, should of been a red, wasn’t the only cheap free kick they won either

You say that but we had some chances and the ref had an awful game, Evans falls over then takes out DCL and some how wins a free kick, should of been a red, wasn’t the only cheap free kick they won either
That’s true, but we were overwhelmed. If we want to compete at the top end, we can’t have games where we are under that much pressure for so long.
Maddison made a huge difference for them when hecame on.
It took our substitutions to counter that. Even then it was it was a setup to hold on.
We have to be able to exert more control and that will require a better midfield.

Didn’t watch the game but from the Sky sports highlights it seemed that Leicester didn’t create one decent chance. Fluke of a goal and a near Pickford howler was their lot?

Said it before - I'd bomb him and play Virginia now, it's a dead sham season anyway, and are we really arsed about Europe (is it even on?).

Pickford is a joke, sick of him laughing his cock off after yet another mistake he's made
Great save when it was needed.Give it a rest.One of the best goalies we have had in forty years.

Didn’t watch the game but from the Sky sports highlights it seemed that Leicester didn’t create one decent chance. Fluke of a goal and a near Pickford howler was their lot?

Had a few half chances at the edge, but yeah nothing majorly clear cut, which is down to CA choosing to go ultra defensive and putting a back five.

Lost any attacking threat we had but it worked.

A well earned victory. It felt like we were under pressure a bit too much early in the 2nd half, and we struggled to keep the ball, but Carlo changed it, we defended well enough and hung on. It would be nice to see us play a bit more football at times, but we managed to pose enough threat. It was impressive that we didn’t cave in, by staying organised and working hard. Credit to the manager and players. Cautiously looking forward to Spurs.

That’s true, but we were overwhelmed. If we want to compete at the top end, we can’t have games where we are under that much pressure for so long.
Maddison made a huge difference for them when hecame on.
It took our substitutions to counter that. Even then it was it was a setup to hold on.
We have to be able to exert more control and that will require a better midfield.

Well, part of the game is defending as well as attacking. And under Silva we would have lost that game. With Carlo, he reacted to the ongoing situation with sensible substitutions. Whoever was on the pitch put in full effort. Albrighton & Chilwell tested the centre of our defence considerably, and our central defenders coped magnificiently. Far more than their defenders did for our goals...

Their chances were a fluke 'in-the-face' goal, and Pickford making a balls of something that a 10 year-old goalie would deal with comfortably, and being rescued by Keane.

If Carlo can attract the correct midfielders in the summer break, then we should progress to better things next season.

True.

We had the better of the play until about 40'. End of the first half, and most of the second, they had us pinned back and it was white-knuckle time. Several promising attacks but the attempts on goal were poor. Shots over the bar into the 20th row.

Had a few half chances at the edge, but yeah nothing majorly clear cut, which is down to CA choosing to go ultra defensive and putting a back five.

Lost any attacking threat we had but it worked.
Isn't it great. We have a manager who has the ability to read a game and the intelligence to change things around to see out a game, that's a game we'd previously have lost or drawn after conceding. Michael Keane is really starting to look like the player we signed, perhaps he was poor due to the few previous managers inability to manage defenses properly.

Honestly, reading back through this thread after their goal went in is utterly embarrassing. As soon as the goal goes in the mentality switches to pure panic and doom and gloom. I'm so glad we're playing the last few games behind closed doors as it'll give this limited team a chance to gel and without the unnecessary pressure from fragile fans who can't control their emotions. People don't like to hear it but the doom and gloom attitude displayed in here around the time of the goal is part of the problem. We have a proper manager in charge now who knows how to set a team up, so trust him, and don't be so quick to scoff at him bringing on an extra midfielder or defender if he thinks that's what's needed.

It's almost as if some want us to lose so they can say "I told you so, we're terrible lad. I told yer! Same old Everton!"

Here's a few posts before I got bored.

End up 3-2 Leicester this
We arent winning this. Awful defending.
Test of our mental strength this, so expect an implosion
The familiar scent of bottling lingers in the air
Oh God, not Davies.
Carlo is too much of a negative manager for me.
Severe lack of midfield hurting us all game long along with some absolutely awful defending and bad luck.

Cant see us winning this and we're a bloody goal up.
All know how this game is ending up..
He’s too negative. We scrape wins. We never dominate a game under him.
Hahahaha what a team. lol lol lol
Relegation next year 100%. Screw FFP, take the ban/fine/whatever. This squad needs rowing out.
Be lucky to get a point out of this
Tom Davies is possibly one of the worst players I’ve seen in an Everton shirt.
Christ, lobbing on a centre half? Just inviting pressure here.

Agree getting that muppet Iwobi off but needs to be like for like.

Status
Not open for further replies.