Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People going on about ‘negativity’ obviously didn’t see that the defensive substitutions and change of shape at the right time were the main thing that stopped the overwhelming pressure we were under and nullified the crosses they were swinging in. If Mina didn’t come on for Richy we would have conceded not soon after their first. The tactical tweak was crucial and I’m thrilled we have a manager who has the brain to change when needed

Absolutely bang on the money - Carlo is working wonders with the grocks that Walsh and Koeman/Silva spunked millions on.

Imagine what he will do when he gets decent players who he wants playing for him.

And just we're would we be with the other potential replacements discussed for magic Marco - Moyes and Howe being two.......

Great win , great shape and organisation. Great tactics .

Getting the best out of a mediocre set of players

If you offered me 7 points from 9 having played 1st & 3rd along with 20th, I'd have taken that.

Looking back, even though they had the possession and looked threatening going forward, goal aside (which was fortunate in itself) I struggle to remember any shots they had on target. Granted we didn't have many chances after we went 2 up, but while we weren't stringing it together in attack, our defense did snuff them out on the whole, which is quite refreshing and it shows what having a manager like Ancelotti can do to a team. This isn't even his team and he's getting the best that you can reasonably expect with this crop of players.

that's a game we would have ended up losing 3-2 or 4-2 under Silva. Tactical substitutions worked a treat. Looked solid and worked hard. It's a win that will do a lot for confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.