Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds to win a pulsating encounter 5 2. Been waiting 16 years to return to Goodison . We should be a bit tighter at the back now Phillips has returned. We havent managed to play all our new signings together so hopefully we will improve and get to 40 points. Two good managers should be interesting tactically.

Unless you sit a bit deeper I doubt you'll keep us to just the 2 goals our front 3 are one of the best in the league at the moment and can carve most sides open - Richarlison, Calvert Lewin & Rodriguez will cause you problems if we get the tactics right.

You seem to be missing an awful lot of chances as well so you'll have to improve massively and hope Bamford gets back on target.

Wouldnt be shocked with a high scoring draw but if Ancelotti can finally sort out the defence we should be winning by a good 2 goal margin.

Head says 2-2
Heart says 3-1

————————Olsen————————
Coleman——Holgate——Keane——Digne
————Allan————Doucoure————
——--—————James————————
Iwobi ———-—————-———Richarlison
—————-———Dom—————————

They’ll come at us so I want James central and on the ball springing counters with pace across the front 3. Also just no more Pickford for a while. It’s too much.

Going to have to work very hard to subdue their slightly manic style. I think we have more quality but we need to leave the Keystone Cop defending behind us.

While you are well drilled you look to me like a side about to be found out. Not scoring past 10 man Arsenal for 40 odd minutes is poor.

Looking at your team, however well drilled you are, it's just a long way behind our 11. Theres not really a single player I'd take for our 11, or in all honesty probably our bench.

I think you will stay up this season but probably get relegated the season after a bit like Sheffield United. The jump is just too big and you concede too many.

For us, if we want to kick on, these are the games we really just have to win. I suspect we will do so pretty comfortably and the levels between the two teams will show.
I don't think we've been 'found out' - Arsenal have the 2nd best defence in the division and spent most of the game (even before Pepe's Red) with every man behind the ball. 3 World Class saves from Leno and 3 post hits are just bad luck, not that the system isn't working.

I think we'll be nowhere near the drop this, next, or any future years. The squad is of much better quality than any of the teams below us or in the Championship, and is far closer to pushing on and overhauling the mid-table lot than to falling back.

It's the same with everyone though who assume we must be fluking it, I assure you by 8pm Saturday you'll have a different view.

I don't think we've been 'found out' - Arsenal have the 2nd best defence in the division and spent most of the game (even before Pepe's Red) with every man behind the ball. 3 World Class saves from Leno and 3 post hits are just bad luck, not that the system isn't working.

I think we'll be nowhere near the drop this, next, or any future years. The squad is of much better quality than any of the teams below us or in the Championship, and is far closer to pushing on and overhauling the mid-table lot than to falling back.

It's the same with everyone though who assume we must be fluking it, I assure you by 8pm Saturday you'll have a different view.

Maybe I will.

I see your team and it screams championship mate.

I remember people saying the exact things you did about Sheffield United last season and they will likely go down this season.

The reality is, last season 2 of the promoted 3 finished in the bottom 4, and the 3rd will go down this season. The gulf is just too big.

If you can get through two years, you stand a chance, over a 5-10 year period of catching where we are now.

Maybe I will.

I remember people saying the exact things you did about Sheffield United last season and they will likely go down this season.

The reality is, last season 2 of the promoted 3 finished in the bottom 4, and the 3rd will go down this season. The gulf is just too big.

If you can get through two years, you stand a chance, over a 5-10 year period of catching where we are now.

Dude, Everton wont get relegated, this season or next season or the season after, are you smoking something or what team do you even support? The bookies have Everton for ridiculous odds for relegation, like they always do and the bookies are almost always right...right? - in fact Everton are favourites for the top 6 by many

Some 'fans' here do seem to have blinkers on - voting for Mina and others in match day squads etc. My thoughts are Everton are not far from a top 6 spot however they need additional reinforcements as they have far too much dead wood - of which I have mentioned about 1000 times by now. I think we have 5 maybe 6 players a top 6 side would play - if we add to that then top 6 and beyond is very doable

The only way they will get relegated is if they play Mina and his kids and family in the team and Mina's gran in goal and Da as gaffer

This will be every attacking player for each team getting tons of shots and at least a brace each, the midfielders running left then right with the ball flying over them like they’re watching a tennis game and the defenders running around falling over to the Benny Hill theme. Could be the highest combined score ever seen in professional football this
Cast iron nil - nil then.

Dude, Everton wont get relegated, this season or next season or the season after, are you smoking something or what team do you even support? The bookies have Everton for ridiculous odds for relegation, like they always do and the bookies are almost always right...right? - in fact Everton are favourites for the top 6 by many

Some 'fans' here do seem to have blinkers on - voting for Mina and others in match day squads etc. My thoughts are Everton are not far from a top 6 spot however they need additional reinforcements as they have far too much dead wood - of which I have mentioned about 1000 times by now. I think we have 5 maybe 6 players a top 6 side would play - if we add to that then top 6 and beyond is very doable

The only way they will get relegated is if they play Mina and his kids and family in the team and Mina's gran in goal and Da as gaffer
Don’t think anyone is suggesting Everton will be relegated??

While you are well drilled you look to me like a side about to be found out. Not scoring past 10 man Arsenal for 40 odd minutes is poor.

Looking at your team, however well drilled you are, it's just a long way behind our 11. Theres not really a single player I'd take for our 11, or in all honesty probably our bench.

I think you will stay up this season but probably get relegated the season after a bit like Sheffield United. The jump is just too big and you concede too many.

For us, if we want to kick on, these are the games we really just have to win. I suspect we will do so pretty comfortably and the levels between the two teams will show.
I think your right, we ‘should’ be winning these games, I think we will. But we’re not beating anyone comfortably. Leeds are a fair bit better than the terrible Fulham side we struggled to beat.

Maybe I will.

And tbf 'Screams championship' just means 'I've not heard of these players'.

Ayling's been the best RB in the Championship since 2016, Klich is one of the top creators in the division. Then we've got internationals from Germany (Koch), Spain (Llorente, Rodrigo, Hernandez), and England (Phillips) plus a keeper the French are demanding gets picked for the senior side.

We'll be fine this year and add a good amount of quality next year, which Blades have markedly failed to do.

————————Olsen————————
Coleman——Holgate——Keane——Digne
————Allan————Doucoure————
——--—————James————————
Iwobi ———-—————-———Richarlison
—————-———Dom—————————

They’ll come at us so I want James central and on the ball springing counters with pace across the front 3. Also just no more Pickford for a while. It’s too much.
I’d be pleased but very surprised if Coleman is fit.

I’ve watched probably half of Leeds’ matches so far and I agree, on quality you’re comfortably mid-table, assuming Bielsa’s style doesn’t have everyone dead on their legs after half the season. Idk how sustainable that way of playing is from a fitness standpoint. Got you through the championship but it’s that much more draining having to do that in the prem even if it is less games total. Be interesting to watch.

Your little Poveda reminds me of a slightly worse version of our little Bernard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.