Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds age old problem of not being able to find the back of the net resurfaced against Arsenal. 26 attempts on goal with a zero return. Leeds will create chances, it's whether they can convert any.

It will be a dream for Leeds to play against our midfield and especially our defense, if we set up like we did against Fulham we easily concede three goals on the counter attack. Question is can we score four ? That's what will be needed i feel for the win. I think this will end 3-3.
No it wont if you have a decent CB, hence dumping Mina - forever.

Van Dijk is a good CB - he marshals the entire defence from CB area up to the midfield, our defence is all over the shop and its hurting our eyes

Everton need to sort out defence and get a Zaha like figure in January

Van Dijk is a good CB - he marshals the entire defence from CB area up to the midfield, our defence is all over the shop and its hurting our eyes

Who's the defender that comes in for him ? , ahh right a parody account.

Then, for tactical reasons, the opponent gives City the opportunity to do so. This indicates that the opponent is not pressing high. Teams will have different tactics from match to match, but mostly it will be a common thread in how teams choose to pressure the opponent. However, this numerical measure does not provide an answer to the quality of the pressure, but it does give an indication of how high and intense it is. I have seen many Leeds matches this year, and this index matches well with what I have seen. Bielsa is also known for the intense pressure that his teams play with. That's one of his hallmarks.
Why, when I read that, does it read like Will from The Inbetweeners is saying it?

Judging by the game Eze had against you for Palace I would imagine Rodriguez is looking forward to being marked by Dallas.
Whilst Eze has real potential Rodriguez is on another level.
Scored his free kick and did naff all else? Dallas had him well under control when we played QPR last season. Palace game just a write off - when the other side gets that many slices of luck you've got to think it's just not your day.

Didn’t van dijks defense ship 3 against Leeds on the opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.