• Rondon '86

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Allan

Votes: 9 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think under Allardyce we went quite a few without any shots on target. Not sure it was that bad under Moyes.
Near the end of Moyes management. Around the time when Howard actually scored from a kick out. Do you remember us getting beat at Goodison by Stoke City 0-1. It was that time. Don't remember the matches. But we were very poor at that time. I could be wrong here , but with injuries , I think that Moyes played an almost 4-6-0 set up. Awful football at that time.
And you are spot on also about Allardyce. He was looking for draws. And had nothing planned for when we went behind.
so that was what I meant about yesterday. Great to see us attacking. And goals coming from everywhere. Great stuff......

Massive massive win and shows the difference a positive front foot manager can make who gets his teams pressing and playing with intensity. And encourages them with positivity, Benitez was a dinosaur. Now we have to repeat it.

Mate he is only being mentioned to remind us how horrible that time was
Spot on. Only mentioned to remind us all in how awful he was. So going by some , the past shouldn't be mentioned. So let's forget about Alan Ball.....Bob Latchford.......the mid 1980s........Joe Royles dogs of war.
You get my meaning. Far to simplistic to just say to look forward. And not talk about the awful Allardyce. His name was mentioned only to show the difference in his play, and the football on display yesterday.......it was a comparison. Nothing else. Nobody is praising Allardyce.
So.your comment is spot on. Up The Toffees.

Spot on. Only mentioned to remind us all in how awful he was. So going by some , the past shouldn't be mentioned. So let's forget about Alan Ball.....Bob Latchford.......the mid 1980s........Joe Royles dogs of war.
You get my meaning. Far to simplistic to just say to look forward. And not talk about the awful Allardyce. His name was mentioned only to show the difference in his play, and the football on display yesterday.......it was a comparison. Nothing else. Nobody is praising Allardyce.
So.your comment is spot on. Up The Toffees.
Unsure that your comment was spot on. Was only agreeing with you.
But it's only opinions. Nothing else. Just opinions. Up The Toffees....

Near the end of Moyes management. Around the time when Howard actually scored from a kick out. Do you remember us getting beat at Goodison by Stoke City 0-1. It was that time. Don't remember the matches. But we were very poor at that time. I could be wrong here , but with injuries , I think that Moyes played an almost 4-6-0 set up. Awful football at that time.
We played some nice football in the the last season or two under Moyes, especially the last.

It was great to get such a convincing win and also see players (Jonjoe Kenny, Séamus Coleman, Alex Iwobi, Etc.) who had been written off by fans, step up and put in a decent performance.

Gave my MotM to Alex Iwobi, even though I was spoilt for choice. Also, it was a top performance from our supporters who did a really fantastic job and played their part ??

Status
Not open for further replies.