Votes: 9 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MINI MATCH REPORT:

Well, this was my lad's first Everton match. When he saw Iwobi trot out with
the starting 11 he got up and hung himself. (We sit in the top balcony) Well
that certainly gave the boys the impetus and they flew at Leeds like wild street
urchins and the ball was Leeds' man-purse! When I got home the wife asked
how the match was.
"Three goals and a hanging!" I shouted.
"Wharrrr?" she quarbled. But I was off to my study
to pour a stiff one and hang my new Iwobi shirt. OH IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM
TO PLAY FOR!

I missed the game today – given our recent form I thought it was a good idea – but having watched two different sets of highlights now I can't quite work out what our formation was. The setup looks like a 442 but there's an awful lot of drift and interchange between that front 4: anyone got any insights?

We started 3 at the back, went a goal up and then Leeds matched us up then I think he switched it to a back 4 for the rest of the game. I wasn’t really sure tbh, got lost in us actually playing like a proper football team.

I’ve just watched the highlights with a night’s sleep to help me see it ina more balanced light. But I can’t. Before this match our choice of back 4 would have seen me hiding behind the sofa. But they were excellent, all 4 of them. Gordon magnificent, VDB calm and precise, Allan fighting alongside him. Real class from the front 2. Then we come to the most derided poorly performing player of living memory - Iwobi. What can I say, he was brilliant. His constant pressing and use of the ball was worthy of MoM. This is one game but if Frank can get us playing like that the crowd will get behind them and we will stay up. Goodison was rocking and I felt quite emotional seeing us play like an actual team that want to fight for each other and the famous blue shirt. Only one game but still COYB.

I missed the game today – given our recent form I thought it was a good idea – but having watched two different sets of highlights now I can't quite work out what our formation was. The setup looks like a 442 but there's an awful lot of drift and interchange between that front 4: anyone got any insights?
Nomailly, it's a 4-4-2, but there appears to be more adaptability or flexibility in how we set up. Richarlison had a lot more freedom and the defence was more fluid.

Even though we only had two in the middle, players drifted in to shore it up and at times we went from 3 to 4 at the back. They seem to know their roles too!

We were battered yesterday. Total contrast to the Villa game on Wednesday. I think we have to many championship players and we couldn't handle Everton pressing from the start. Rodrigo unlucky with his two shots that hit the bar apart from that we didn't get a foothold in the game. Everton mate who drove us up said its the best Everton have played for 18 months, good day out apart from the football.

Looking at our remaining home games. I think we can manage 17pts from these:

Man City 0
Wolves 1
Man U 3
Palace 3
Chelsea 1
Brentford 3
Leicester 3
Newcastle 3

Phenomenal
Roberto-Martinez-Everton1.jpg

Status