Match Thread Everton v Fulham (Sat 29th 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Everton's Number 9
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need

0_Arsenal-v-Everton-Premier-League.jpg

And its back to Goodison once again for Marcos banter blues.

Standing in our way this week is the might of Fulham, a team that has never beaten us in the League at Goodison Park, yes you guessed it folks, I dont need to type it do I? I notice some on the forum are already calling this a 6 point relegation clash, I only wish I could laugh at them, but with only a point separating the sides we should file this 1 under the "could really do with a win" bracket. What price a Mitrovic hatrick set up by Ryan Sessygone and that Seri fella playing like a peak Zidane I hear you shout.

Theres no place like home, theres no place like home.

So just how will we set up for this? Ive honestly not got a jar of glue me old china. Possibly Mina might find himself knocking on the door for a start and after that ive honestly got no idea. Few players had less than wonderful games last week and you would suspect Marco will be throwing the square holes in round pegs once again in order to field a team that doesnt smell like raw sewage.

A more promising performance for once against The Arse and we got punished for some pretty sloppy finishing and a final ball that would make an under 5s coach scream in anger. We simply must put this to the sword, the team is badly in need of a pick me up, but to use a phrase you will see a lot this season, no easy games in this league, if we play our football and take our chances, well you all know how you win football matches.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Zouma - Digne
Morgan - Gana
Iceland
Walcott - Tosun - Rico
Yes I know, the "triumvirate of doom" in the middle yet again, but I personally think its our current best option, as scary as that sounds, clearly Coleman and Mina are very much only slight possibles, at this time.

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

I think we might get 3 points here. I have nothing to substantiate that prognostication...just a feeling in my bones.

Yes, yes, I know the 'Everton that' miasma which always hangs about our team, but I sense it might lift this weekend.

Something different after just 1 win in our first 6 for me.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Zouma
Coleman Gueye Davies Digne
Bernard Walcott Richarlison

2x for Walcott
1x for Richarlison
1x for Bernard
1x for Mina
1x for Coleman

6-2 final result.

Time to get back to winning. Either no changes or bin off playing a traditional striker and get Richarlison up top. Either way make a decision and stick with it for a bit so we can get the team used to playing with each other. I really want to see Mina but the lad doesn't speak English and communication matters when defending. I'd stick with Zouma and Keane. We conceded one legitimate goal to a great attack and even that took a spectacular finish. I think 2-0 and less panic from the usual GOT posters.

I would like a win, ..

Nope thats about it...ffs dont jinx us people. Whenever fans go on about us spanking a team it always goes the opposite...

Status
Not open for further replies.