Everton v Fulham - Preview of the match preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
OK. For the majority of this season, Chico's match previews have been more eagerly anticipated than the matches themselves. And with good god damned reason. They generally hit the spot. Don't put Cahill in the hole no matter how gash he's playing. And they don't pull everyone back at corners. They're slick, fun to watch and draw a good crowd due to their 'total preview' outlook.

So what can we expect for this next instalment. A photo of George Best would be my personal choice in the away team section. A mention of McBride, AJ, Davies and some ex rs players. Notably, Baldy Murphy.
Dodi should make an appearance or failing that a picture of a Harrod's bag.

The thing with blue boy is that you know how he'll line up but not how the preview will develop. Put your predictions down. Or don't if you don't want to.

It's at that stage of the season where weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee OH Sorry, fell asleep there for a minute. What was I saying? oh yeah, we've still got to play for the price of a Darron Gibson and a couple of Seamus Colemans. So, get into them Azul.

Hahahaha. They're predictable as [Poor language removed]. They all follow the exact same format.

Tedious opening line.
Brief reference to previous game.
Opposition thoughts and poor stereotyping of their fans.
A poorly thought vague look a like for their players or manager.
Transparent attempt to preview their players based off the last two BBC match reports.
Who'll start for us from forwards to defence. Play Coleman at right back ffs.
Feel good final line.
Get into them blues.

All washed down with black and white photos that took longer to find than spent on the preview itself.

4/10.

In all seriousness, they're good chico, keep them up, not everyone can rite gud
This mate. I said last week we should start a fanzine within the forum coz they're the best thing since WSAG.

Seriously though. I've no idea what interest it could generate. But maybe a similar content to wsag (electronic version) would be possible in a stickied thread. We've got loads of people who could contribute. Chico with the match previews. Kenyon and Tuby with the reports. alan ball as youth correspondent. RFUS and JDawg on music reviews. Sh1t, we've got loads of creative forces on here
I've no idea how much this would inconvenience D/D. Tell me to shut the fcuk up if it's too silly/complicated. I know you must have a lot of work already running the site.

The rest of you tell me if it's not interesting enough. Or just ignore me and I'll get the idea.

Oh yeah we could have a naming poll. 'When Guys Are Gay' might work. 'Walton Popcorn' is another.

As I say I'm not sure if it's a good idea or if it's practicable or not, coz these kind of ideas tend to come out late at night or early in the morning when my brain isn't working properly. Let me know lidz.

Chico, I seriously wonder when we ever put a run together in the first half of the season what you're doing to do with the previews. Want it to happen cause I think the previews would self combust.

This mate. I said last week we should start a fanzine within the forum coz they're the best thing since WSAG.

Seriously though. I've no idea what interest it could generate. But maybe a similar content to wsag (electronic version) would be possible in a stickied thread. We've got loads of people who could contribute. Chico with the match previews. Kenyon and Tuby with the reports. alan ball as youth correspondent. RFUS and JDawg on music reviews. Sh1t, we've got loads of creative forces on here
I've no idea how much this would inconvenience D/D. Tell me to shut the fcuk up if it's too silly/complicated. I know you must have a lot of work already running the site.

The rest of you tell me if it's not interesting enough. Or just ignore me and I'll get the idea.

Oh yeah we could have a naming poll. 'When Guys Are Gay' might work. 'Walton Popcorn' is another.

As I say I'm not sure if it's a good idea or if it's practicable or not, coz these kind of ideas tend to come out late at night or early in the morning when my brain isn't working properly. Let me know lidz.

I think you have the makings of a good idea there, you never know, collectively we may even raise the standard to at least a 6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.