Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They out ran us...
They passed the ball quicker & more accurate...
They outplayed us...

Our players struggle with the intensity & were overrun...

James was a passenger & contributed little & looks so fragile & leggy...
Richarlison moody lacked movement was ineffective & weak going forward...

How many times after games have we said this about carlo?

Is it not time that after another WOEFUL performance against a supposed weaker team, at home aswell, that serious questions aren't being asked on why we have dropped 12 points at home and put in a conference performance 4 times this season. Something is seriously wrong when a team knows that all they have to do to beat us is press us high, run and pass quicker than us and it's game over.

We aren't being coached properly regarding offensive tactics. It's all too basic.

Well we did just score eight goals in 2 games v Utd and Spurs...

I think the other league defeats you can look at a few things.

Southampton (A) - the team couldn't play without Rich, that derby did for us and James played injured. S'ton pressed us (something we can't handle, which is a massive worry)
Newcastle (A) - injuries, suspensions, he genuinely did go with what he had and it didn't work
Man Utd (H) - one of them, showed our inadequacies in the squad
Leeds (H) - tried to play Leeds at their own game but in a mental system. Yes, that partly on Carlo but also a lack of in-game management from the players, and it was fine margins (2 disallowed goals etc).
West Ham (H) - showed up the squad again, a real lack of options, running players into the ground
Newcastle (H) - see above

Today was just dismal. Really, really bad. He got everything wrong and none of the players bailed him out.

I said in the transfer window it was a massive mistake not to add more quality, will it cost us Europe as a lot of others have predicted? Looking very likely.....

Can we add that sort of quality without Europe? Seems the cycle has started all over again......
While it’s still close point wise, it’s still possible. If we get to the last 4-5 games and it becomes out of our hands then it will look a mistake

First time I think he had a proper mare. I dont tend to criticise him. In fact I think 95% of the criticism of the manager this season has been a nonsense.

Tonight I was just baffled by almost everything

Why did he drop both first choice centre backs

Why did Sigurdsson start through the middle

Why were both Iwobi and King left out

Why did Gomes Sigurdsson and James all start

Why did Coleman start behind James

Why did we wait to go behind before changing it

Why was Holgate not subbed

Why was Davies, our only competitive midfielder hooked

If Allan was fit to be a sub, why was he not brought on

Why did we at no point start playing long to get up the pitch

Why did we start both halves so lethargic and half arsed?

Why were we taking short flipping corners!!!! lol
Agreed.
The short corners were because with no DCL, Mina and Keane on the pitch they wanted to walk it into the goal.

The 2 games against Villa could be big. Until the last couple of weeks I would have said we'd really struggle against their pace, but they seem to be a bit leggy recently due to a small squad.

Holgate was utterly abysmal

Constantly gave the ball away and that was playing sideways too. He wasnt even trying to play forward. The opening goal was a mess from him too. He totally lost his man for a tap in.

Abject performance. Truly dreadful and no surprise because he is always a calamity waiting to happen.
Dont think Holgate has been so hot since he came back. Nobody was tonight though, he rested players and it was all out of sync. We were murdered all over because they fought for the ball to a man. Simply overrun.

Really! Not even DCL would have made the difference today, our midfield is our issue, we simply don't have the midfield pace, strength or desire in that 3rd. What really bothered me about tonight is that, we have a chance to kick on, go level with bunch of wasters across the park but apart from Tom Davies, there was simply no fight and no fire, never once did I see or hear anyine having a pop at other players, not once.

We go again, but this was a real missed opportunity, all results went for us this weekend and we didn't take that chance. That what irks!

We go again!

COYB TOFFEE FOREVER
DCL had got us 14 points this season with his goals. Without him we are fighting relegation

Well we did just score eight goals in 2 games v Utd and Spurs...

I think the other league defeats you can look at a few things.

Southampton (A) - the team couldn't play without Rich, that derby did for us and James played injured. S'ton pressed us (something we can't handle, which is a massive worry)
Newcastle (A) - injuries, suspensions, he genuinely did go with what he had and it didn't work
Man Utd (H) - one of them, showed our inadequacies in the squad
Leeds (H) - tried to play Leeds at their own game but in a mental system. Yes, that partly on Carlo but also a lack of in-game management from the players, and it was fine margins (2 disallowed goals etc).
West Ham (H) - showed up the squad again, a real lack of options, running players into the ground
Newcastle (H) - see above

Today was just dismal. Really, really bad. He got everything wrong and none of the players bailed him out.
We’ve been playing dreadful football virtually all season though, even when we win. Apart from the first 4 games of the season when have we been actually entertaining other than the Spurs win? (which frankly was more due to them self-destructing big time)

We’ve been playing dreadful football virtually all season though, even when we win. Apart from the first 4 games of the season when have we been actually entertaining other than the Spurs win? (which frankly was more due to them self-destructing big time)
I've said it to my lad, what neutral would watch our games? We're one of the dullest teams in the league a lot of the time.

Not having the tiredness issue either

What a load of tosh. Good teams find ways to compete and win. Losers find excuses and moan about tiredness. We are abject losers it seems.
Yeah no excuse for that, same goes for Spurs yesterday and United earlier. If you can’t play 210 minutes of football with a 4 day gap then you shouldn’t be playing the game at all

Status
Not open for further replies.