Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a sickener but meh. We never win penalty shoot outs and we never win the league cup so plus ca change. Harsh lesson for Onana but happens to all young players.

If I am ever in charge of football, first rule im changing is banning penalty shootouts. We never win them seemingly and them lot win trophies with them.

Hate them. Who on earth put him on the 5th pen!

Just saw the winning/losing pen. JP should have had 5 there. Not that it spares Onana from being called a tit, but still.
That JP got his hand to several balls and couldn't keep them out is Exhibit A why you don't take pens like Onana did there.

You smash it - the keeper can guess right and it's still difficult to keep out.

What was Onana thinking?

I was also surprised that Onana was taking the 5th penalty. Made no sense to me at the time, and even less sense to me now

Not going to pin that loss one player!
Whole team's fault it got to pens in the first place.
Might as well have conceded at the final whistle and save us the agony of going through that inevitable "Everton that" moment.

We are just crap at penalties. The RS win 99% of theirs and we are lucky if we break even. But they're professionals who probably spend looooong hours of practise to tip the odds in their favour. We turn up and hope for the best.

They have good players who know how to kick a ball properly, and have the ability to back up arrogance.

Huge opportunity thrown away tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.